Sat & Sun 27th /28th September - What small DFW things will you do today?

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym .

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending .

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:
debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50

Comments

• little_pink_purse
    Options
    Morning Gang

Sorry I missed Fridays post

hope everyone is well

so today's post

wash on
    wash out
    hover
    check banks
    do the meter readings
    get ready for work

hope you all have a good day xxxxx
  • Bagpuss741
    Options
    Today I have/will:

1. Checked online banking
    2. Been to Waitrose and stuck to list and came out under budget.
    3. Free mocha and newspaper from Waitrose
    4. Cleaned bedroom
    5. Sorted out meal plan for week
    6. Update snowball
    7. Water veggies
    8. Watch tv recorded in week
    9. Read free kindle book
    10. Meals from stores

Thanks for starting the thread LPP, have a fab weekend:)
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    1. Phoned AA to haggle renewal cost - £24 saved
    2. Used TCB when applying for credit card - £12
    3. Set up a savings direct debit to qualify for £5 halifax reward
    4. Made bacon baguettes instead of buying takeaway breakfast
    5. Phoned sky to cancel - got reduced monthly fee
    6. Phoned electric company to fix price - they will phone back within 2 weeks!
  • Gosh you have been busy sweeti!Thanks for the thread LPP and hello,nice to meet you Bagpuss. I can only post here occasionally but I try to read the thread on my mobile most days :) This weekend I do need a little keeping on track though.
    • I have a big report to write (grrr)
    • Washing on overnight, have deferred next load until tonight!
    • DM is delivering a gifted tumble dryer - helpful for guests in the winter, I'm going to put it in the shed so I am not tempted to use it other than in dire emergency
    • Ate up leftovers for lunch and same ahead for dinner
    • Going to give myself a little TLC tonight - nails etc, ahead of a posh bash midweek.
    • Got paying guest staying but have already cleaned room (using minimal products) for them.
    • Will be baking bread and making jacket spuds for dinner tonight!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2014 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Hello :)

Thanks for starting the thread LPP.

I have been to a local event with OH today, so spending was needed. Not much though.

Need to do this weekend:

Put business stock away - this was on my list for yesterday and I didn't get to it. It is all over the spare room, and DS is coming to stay on Monday night, as he and OH are going to do something together for OH's birthday on Tuesday :)Will do this in a minute

Clean upstairs. Hmm this was on yesterday's list too :oWill do in a minute (do you see a pattern developing here?

Make redcurrant jelly Done

Small shop needed Done, went to Waitrose to use a voucher

Put more items on ebay. I have lots of good quality clothes that I no longer wear (used to have a job that involved being tidy, but now live in jeans :) Rather than being crammed into the wardrobe, I might as well sell them, recoup a little money and pass to someone who will wear them :DMy 'posh' work coat has a watcher :T and I have put 2 more items on, but realise I have some ironing to do before I photograph many of the items, so that they look their best (not my favourite job! :o)

All HM food as usual, Hugh FW's lamb and apricot tagine is in the oven for supper. I am trying to free up freezer space as I have half a lamb arriving next Friday :eek:

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)
  • Gingerjar
    Options
    Been a very nice day today.

Free day out at NT place (we are members).
    Took picnic and flask/water so no spends on food etc.
    Hung out washing and resisted the lure of the tumble dryer.
    Stopped at M*rrisons for shopping, stuck rigidly to list and bought £5 saving stamps for Xmas.

Beginning to feel in control of things - excellent!
    2012 Saving challenge £1000/£400! Woo! :wave:
  • solvencyseeker
    Options
    Hello all. Thank you for the start LPP - the idea of you "hovering" this weekend made me smile:)

Yesterday morning was our monthly trip to Aldi. Hard work (2 trolleys involved) but well worth the saving. Bit disappointed that there was absolutely no flour of any type on the shelves (empty) which means we need to get that elsewhere. Can't wait for February 2015 when they are due to open here!

Been so sunny and warm I have dried several loads of laundry outside. Did a long dog walk and tidied up the garden yesterday afternoon.

Today I had a nice "lie in". Was awake just after 7 but stayed in bed reading and attempting the prize crossword until 9.

Have put a big stew into the slow cooker.

I also need to do some cleaning, ironing, tidying up, walk the dogs......it's just fun fun fun.

Hope you are all having a good weekend x
  • ShootForTheMoon
    Options
    Hi Gang!!

Not much from me as I'm working all weekend, but coining in the overtime, so can't really complain!! ;)

Had a bumper payday today (well, Friday, but have resisted touching it until today, which should be payday!!), which has really boosted the savings, having brought home £800 in overtime from last month... Feeling knackered is worth it when the pay check comes!!

So, this weekend I have / will

:) Been swimming with OH at the open air pool - beautifully refreshing!

:) Done a long walk on the costal path before work yesterday for free exercise

:) Blitzed the allotment and cut everything back in preparation for winter months

:) Worked 5 hours overtime yesterday! Took food to work so no spends

:) OH has done all domestic stuff :A including the cleaning, ironing and washing

:) Moved money into various saving "pots" as it's payday!!

:) My regular saver has paid out, so opened a current account that pays 5% on balances... Stuck the money straight in there and won't touch it!! Much better rate than any ISA's out there at the moment!

:) Will do a quick top up shop as OH has volunteered to cook a roast as I'm on nights tonight...

:) Even squeezed in a few Nectar Adpoints while I was stuck at the hospital (waiting for something for work) last night!!

So, all in all not a bad weekend considering I've been working for most of it!! Had an e-mail asking for volunteers for overtime EVERY DAY next month, so have put my name down for nearly all of my days off... Will see if I can get a good few hours under my belt!!
    Hope everyone is well, and looking after those pennies!!

Lots of Love,

Shoot x
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    Thanks Crazy lady! I was feeling quite proud of myself haha. You seem to have had a productive weekend also!
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    lol ss ive been hovering all day

so far
    cook off
    beef olives
    mince for spag bol
    stew
    roast beef
    and lentil soup
    2 washes out

still to do

Ebay
    check banks
    a wee nap would be good

have a good Sunday xxxx

hope your well all the oldies ( time on Forum not in Age )

xxxxlppxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family