PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Removing Tippex

Comments

• Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    don't know if you can still buy tippex thinners? This used to work gettign it off my fingers:o years ago but I haven't seen any for ages? (I also used to love the smell but that's another story!:o:rolleyes:, nowdays I just get high on magic markers:D:naughty:))
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • annie12
    annie12 Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks, I will try the fabric conditioner & nylon bath puff thing!!

annie
  • DD2 has come home home with a tippex stain on her dark navy school trousers. Any ideas as to how I get the stain out? The trousers are currently soaking in water and I tried a using vanish stain bar but I guess something stronger is needed.
    Books - the original virtual reality.
    Tilly Tidying:
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    White spirit seems to be the answer...

http://www.wearsideonline.com/hints_and_tips-2.html
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Many thanks, Squeaky, you've come to the rescue again.
    Books - the original virtual reality.
    Tilly Tidying:
  • Hi Oldstylers,
    Does anybody know a treatment for removing Tippex ?
    DDs School skirt is ruined !
    Know advice must be in here somewhere but cant find it.
    Any help much appreciated
    TIA
    Spring
    Moneysaving? - I cant stop spending because of this site!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi springchicken... :)

I found the earlier thread and have added your post to it. Since posts are listed in date order you'll need to read this one from the beginning.

Good luck :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • dihunny
    dihunny Posts: 88 Forumite
    Hi All,

Disaster-I've dropped a bottle of tippex and it's now splattered clothes, carpet, computer chair and keyboard. It dried so fast-i didn't stand a chance.:eek:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

dihunny
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi dihunny,

We have an older thread that may help so I've merged your thread with it to keep all the suggestions together.

Pink
  • meanmum
    meanmum Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just used the nylon bath puff with clothes washing liquid on polyester school trousers, & it worked pretty well - now the only stubborn areas are where he tried to wipe it off & it's more embedded in the fibres. I'm so glad I found this tip as I was about to throw them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure