Thinking of giving up work to go on benefits

Comments

• Glen0000
    Glen0000 Posts: 446 Forumite
    I
    Why don,t you look into reducing your hours and claiming working tax credits on top of that.I hear all the time people pushing for a better work/ life balance,go for it.

I have thought of doing that. Going part time and taking a job closer to home. Will look into it. Thanks.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Glen0000 wrote: »
    Even if he was not working the minimum he would get is £16.5k (take home) and that doesnt include housing benefit. If he is renting he will also get his rent paid too. His claim that his friend lives on £12k makes no sense, unless his friend is not claiming everything he is entitled to.

Zebedee does not give the age of his children, he may have children over sixteen living at home and not in FT education.
    Not if you go on the sick. My back keeps playing up, I am sure I could wing it.

You are a sad excuse for a man. Get a life.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • I think Glenn is a little boy somewhere who is a little bored this morning and thought he would try to wind up a few folk. IMHO he is just boring and unoriginal

Dont feed the troll.
  • Glen0000
    Glen0000 Posts: 446 Forumite
    mummy_Jay wrote: »
    Do you have a morgage? you are aware they wont pay it until you've been off work 39 weeks or so, is risking your home worth it?

No we rent from the council. No way we could afford to buy.
  • Glen0000 wrote: »
    I have thought of doing that. Going part time and taking a job closer to home. Will look into it. Thanks.

I think that would be a good idea - or even a full-time job closer to home. What is it you do at the moment? Do you have a difficult commute?
    :A
  • I am totally sickened reading these posts.Most of you are being just plain rude to this guy.He is obviously getting depressed about his situation,a situation which I can totally empathise with.Be nice folks,manners don,t cost anything.
    "Reaching out to touch the stars dont forget the flowers at your feet".
  • Glen0000 wrote: »
    No we rent from the council. No way we could afford to buy.
    That will make things easier if you cut your hours,no mortgage to worry about.
    "Reaching out to touch the stars dont forget the flowers at your feet".
  • taxi97w
    taxi97w Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    On the bright side, there may be a £30k job going begging soon.

Do let us know when you quit and tell us where it is so someone who wants to work can appreciate it.
    more dollar$ than sense
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    dearbarbie wrote: »

David Cameron (haha) said yesterday that they (if the Tories get into power) would take Jobseekers from those who do not accept jobs that they are fully able to do, just because they don't want to work. I think it's the best thing I heard yesterday, even if I don't vote Tory.

And what a vote catcher that would be. I think there are many people who have never voted Tory in their lives but would seriously consider it if that was an election promise. With WTC it's become easier to maintain a work life balance yet some people simply don't want to work
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    I agree with most of the above comments made, I have worked through having all 3 of our children full and part time at various times of their lives, they are still young and I am still working. So is hubby, all I can say is I wish he could earn £30k we would be much better off, as it is he earns half that which means I must work also, I don't LIKE going to work and having to leave my children with hubby or childminder but so be it,it's the way of life and I will do whatever it takes to make it better.
    If you are renting, I reallyu think you should sort out your finances rather than thinking of jacking it in- cowards way in my opinion.
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport