Make £10 a day May 2017 - everybody most welcome

Hello and welcome everybody

This is the 117th month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007.

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it, lynnejk, Rawdinosaur, Emmaglet, Nat21luv, Monkeynut, Sweetpeas, Purpleroses, JesaRose, MizMir for keeping the thread going.

I know this first post is long, but please read as it give tips on how this challenge works. Some of the content has changed

If you're new to the challenge don't be scared - here's how it works:

The aim of this challenge is to make £10 extra a day everyday for the month. A lot of people think this is impossible but it can and has been done, over and over. If you feel £10 is too much why not start at £5 or if you're brave join those who aim for £20 a day! Anything extra you make is great so set whatever target you think you can manage.

It also doesn't have to be £10 each and every day - some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for £310 extra at the end of the month.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added:
Wages from your main job

What can be added:
Overtime
Income from a second job
Daily clicks
Interest
Vouchers
Mystery shopping
And much, much more.

This board moves pretty quickly, so be sure to subscribe and read it regularly. Below are some ideas to get you started and a great place to read when you're in need of inspiration.

Sell your old books/DVDs/CDs/games here:
Amazon.co.uk, play.com, webuybooks, zapper, CEX

Ebay - a place to sell anything and everything.

Gumtree, Preloved, cquot, ebid, craigslist, vivastreet, netmums.com, trade-it , Friday ad, priceminster - these are all places you can sell items too.

Survey sites - mysurvey and pinecone, prolific academic tend to be the best but there are many more it really depends on you finding the ones that work best for you - toluna, harris poll, valued opinions etc

also join Topcashback and Quidco - type in surveys in the search engine and some will pay you to join up with them.

Sealed Pot Challenge 2016 - basically you put your change into a jar over the year so in December you should have a nice pot of money to help

Mobile phone to recycle? try Martin's mobile recycling comparison site first to see where you may get the best deal!

Music Magpie - have cds/dvds you haven't been able to sell at carboots or online. Try your luck here. Is you do sell your albums/dvds be sure to go via quidco to get a few more pennies

etsy and folksy - If you enjoy making crafts why not have a go at selling them on etsy or folksy. They've been getting increasingly busier each year.

Collect Boots points while shopping online.

Don't forget to search for your online shop at nectar.com before you buy, and earn nectar points for buying online, including ebay.

Trying to find other ways to make money? Check out the Boost Your Income board. It is full of ideas, including survey companies and product testing.

Want to help someone else out? Sign up through their referral on the referral board, and leave yours, so someone else can do the same for you.

Keep reading for lots more ideas on how to make more money each month.

This month's challenge is to try and make £310 (or any amount of course!) lynnejk is assisting me and will create the challengers list and update it. She will also be answering any questions she can help with and here for general advice. Having been a challenger for a while, she knows her stuff Thank you lynnejk for your help.

Good luck everybody. Remember to post any questions or comments that you have, and let's go on encouraging each other throughout this month.

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A must for all newbies if you are not already doing any of these:

1. Apply to PineconeResearch here. They pay a guaranteed £3 per survey. You are never screened out, they don't send out lots, but when you get one, you know you will be paid within a few days.

http://mysurvey123.com/pinecone-research/

2. Apply to Shop and Scan - this is not the same as Nielsen Home Shopping Scanner. Shop and Scan is a hand held scanner, that you scan the barcodes of your shopping, you are paid 1100 points weekly for scanning, nothing if you are on holiday. You can cash out for various vouchers at 10000 points. Not much work for a good reward. They also send emails with questionnaires that are worth extra points.

https://www.volunteer4panels.com/

3. Quidco and topcashback toolbar notifiers - a must have for those who forget to check for cashback when browsing online before buying.

http://www.quidco.com/cashback-reminder

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/cashback-notifier

4. Printable coupon thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4906235

5. Referral board

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

6. Freebies, no spends required

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

7. Ebay, Carboot and Jumble Sales Board

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Links to useful money making sites for codes/points/assistance.

Prolific Academic New Survey Alerts

Instagc Codes and chat

Swagbucks codes only thread

Swagbucks chat thread
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 May 2017 at 11:25PM
    Hiya everyone :hello:

This is the challenger list for May. Good luck and hope you all enjoy the challenge and make loadsa monies :D

1......Aesop.......................£10
    2......lynnejk.....................£10
    3......FatVonD....................£5
    4......Mimidancer................£10
    5......angelicious................£1000 (month)
    6......Lau0707....................£85 (month)
    7......carbootcrazy..............£10
    8......fendi-bag-lady............£20
    9......Kirtsypoos..................£5
    10....CompletelyLost...........£10
    11....Rosie.........................£10
    12....498louise...................£5
    13....pretty butterfly...........£10
    14....Talia 1.......................£10
    15....shelleyosborne............£10
    16....VintageHistorian..........£3
    17....Kantankrus Mare.........£5
    18....shariann....................£10
    19....Ciara95x....................£10
    20....try harder...................£10
    21....Hermia.......................£5
    22....sunshine81.................£10
    23....Bigskies.....................£10
    24....Kayalana...............
    25....Anouchka...................£10
    26....bloomfelt....................£5
    27....so very confused.........£5
    28....Sallybysea..................£3
    29....thegirlinthegreenscarf...£10
    30....MinnieMousesMummy...£1000 (month)
    31....fluffig.........................£10
    32....Zjc77.........................£100 (month)
    33....Cat1066cat............
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Blimey, you're keen!

I'm in for £5 a day for May, I'm not fussed what number I am so shove me in anywhere if the early ones are others favourites :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Please can you sign me up for £10 a day!!

Ready for the challenge.
  • angelicious
    angelicious Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Count me in Aesop, aiming for £1000
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • Lau0707
    Lau0707 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Please may I be considered? I don't really know how much I'll be able to do, we fly to the USA on 18th May and don't return until June 1st. but If I can do £5 up until the 18th I'll be happy. so £5 will be it for me :-) xxxx
  • Count me in Aesop, aiming for £1000

Wow, angelicious! Good luck with that:beer:

Please put me down for the usual £10, Lynne and Aesop.

FatVonD, it doesn't matter what number you get, they don't mean anything;). Lynne just assigns them as people put themselves down for the challenge

:hello:Welcome to the new members, Mimidancer07 and Lau0707. I hope you'll make lots of money and have some fun along the way too:beer:. We're a friendly and helpful lot so if there's anything you'd like to know just ask:)
  • Ohh can I join please? I've not done this for years but I'm going to aim for £20 a day! Thank you!

Lx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Hi everyone!

Can i be put down for £5 a day please? I achieved it in April but had a good ebay sale so don't know how well I will do this month.... need to start ebaying more (although I'm not sure there is anything left. Might put OH on there :rotfl:)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Can i be put down for £5 a day please? I achieved it in April but had a good ebay sale so don't know how well I will do this month.... need to start ebaying more (although I'm not sure there is anything left. Might put OH on there :rotfl:)

I often feel like auctioning my DH. font think he would sell for much though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure