Feeling of panic although not HUGELY in debt.

2»

Comments

• chunky79
    chunky79 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Pleased to see your feeling better. Keep us updated its better to talk than bottle it up whether it be talk in cyber land or real life x

Yes definately look into it. You have nothing to lose and hopefully lots to gain x
    You can touch the dust but please don't write in it !

Would you like to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows whats happening?
  • Yes, I think I need to pluck up the courage to go to the Docs. I always feel I need to be strong within the family and actually admitting that things are not quite right is the first step.

Get yourself to the doctor as soon as possible. Both my wife and myself have been treated for stress and depression in recent years and we don't have any major financial problems. Share your problems with your family and don't try to do it all on your own. If you do you will just implode, and that will be no good for anybody.
    When I got sent home from work suffering from stress, it was such a relief to be able to sit down, relax and vegetate in front of the tv.
  • TurnaroundSue
    TurnaroundSue Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Hi ManicPanic - I know exactly what you mean about being self employed. I am not having panic attacks, but constantly worry about how I am going to manage as my diary is booked up for a couple of weeks and then is empty so I worry about getting it filled but by the time it comes around it is booked up again for a couple of weeks and then is empty etc etc (hope that makes sense), and it is a constant worry that work will dry up. So it is a constant pressure of having to make sure the work is there and that leads to stress, anxiety etc so being self employed is really hard on the old stress levels. Please see the doc as others have suggested and a big hug from one self employed person to another :grouphug:
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • beedeedee
    beedeedee Posts: 991 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Couldn't possibly be that you're in "peri-menopause" as well could it ? Panic attacks, fast heartbeat and difficulty sleeping are a few of the things that happened to me years before I made it to the real thing.
    I wasn't particularly stressed (just normal stuff), but this heart rate and lack of sleep made me stressed in itself !Get down to see your doc - you don't have to put up with it. All the best.
  • raq
    raq Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    morning

My husband went self-employed and we are about £8k in debt and sometimes feel a bit like this. He has about 5 months of work already lined up so every friday I pay a chunk of the debt to clear. This is my scary bit and personally I don't think your on your own feeling like this. Reason we both decided to go self employed because it was best all around. We also have 3 small children and I will be returning back to work next year. Our mortgage is much higher and got 20 years left. My mum and dad always stays to enjoy life and stop worrying what might never happen, but like yourself I can't help it.

All the way with the business
    :A Tomorrow's just another day - keep smiling
  • what would I do as a GP? Apart from checking the thyroid gland ?

..advise having a look at Trevor Powells "Guide to Stress free living" .....

... other option meantime is beta blocker treatment - touble is is only masks the symptoms and not dealing with the problem.... also can make some people wheeeeeeeeeezy :o

..., useful though it is, one to one help for anxiety and stress management is incredibly patchy and often only available privately.
  • ManicPanic
    ManicPanic Posts: 12 Forumite
    Just a little update - have started sorting out the 1st steps towards the endowment problems. Asked for help on another thread and immediately someone replied and is giving advice - amazing!

It's so nice (sort of) to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way - I phoned friends of ours this morning and mentioned that I had had trouble sleeping and their reply was that they had both been feeling the same for, wait for it, over 15 years!!! Their response is to hope for the best - so I've sent them this web address.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Regarding the self employment. Obviously I don't know how you run your business but here's how I do mine.

I did a SOA so I know how much money I need a month to live on. That's need and not want. I pay myself that amount out of my business every month, regardless of how much the business earns. Sometimes it earns over £2k a month more than I pay myself.

What that does allow me to do is to still be able to pay myself when there's nothing coming in. It allowed me to pay myself when I had no work at all from November to February last year even though I'd only been trading 18 months.

My parents are self employed and take the view that they spend what the business earns every week. When it goes quiet, they struggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure