PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

All New Shabby Chic Thread!

The existing thread (click here ;) ) has got very long, so this is a new shiny thread for you all :j

I did contact the OP of the original thread asking if they wanted to start a new one, but they don't appear to be around any longer.

Penny. x
:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:

Comments

• Frugalista
    Frugalista Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :T:T:j:j - YAY!! HOORAY!! :j:j:T:T
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Great, maybe I'll manage to keep up with this one. Don't want to cause trouble, but I find the huge threads so off-putting.
  • Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    Pen Pen, you must be psychic. I was thinking we could do with a new shabby chic thread only this morning - I have never posted there as yet, but I have been reading my way through it the last few days.

Actually, looking at the time you posted this, I think I must be the one who is psychic - you were there before me ;)
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hooray!!! new thread

Still waiting for DS1 to 'remind' me how to download photos so I can do a 'show and tell' via photobucket.

DH painted up our little table today, it looks great after some F&B

If you like retro, Dunelm Mill had storage tins with various old Kelloggs adverts on. 99p/ £1.23
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • pink_numbers
    pink_numbers Posts: 917 Forumite
    I absolutely loved the old thread, so looking forward to this new thread :D

really need to start sewing the patchwork quilt...
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    yay new thread...mind you sill working my way through the old one! Got a fab bargain yesterday...a bedside table in need of repaint for a bargainous 50p!! Its now stripped and will sand it and undercoat today...have done before photos and will do the after once its finished!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• ANNEGEDDES
    ANNEGEDDES Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WHOO HOO! shabby chic is back, tried the new forum but it was not quite the same im on the look out for a display cabinet glass and wood to paint for my living room, toput in my nice glasses.
    thanks op
    Not setting myself any comp targets this year, didnt seem to work last year!!! £120.98/£2008
    2009/ maybyliene eyeshadow, rimmel polish, loreal foundation, Glamour: hairbrush
    boots card =2625
    quidoco= 110.00
    Thanks to all that take the time to post
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Hi I am too 'new' on here to remember the old thread so glad there's a new one going! About 6 months ago when we decorated our living room I painted an old (pretty badly stained & varnished) fire surround in cream egg shell to match the wood work. It looks great & so many people have asked me where I bought it from! The walls are a light terracotta so it all matches in.

I have recently been given an old hi-fi cabinet which will match in beautifully once I've painted that in the same colour as well. I love getting something old & turning it into something lovely that will be enjoyed & used for years to come.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh Sunnygirl....you make me ashamed....have a lovely old 'overmantle' out in my father's wokshop that needs sanding and painting and would lovely in either my dining room or living room....just never seem to get round to doing things....maybe now that this thread is back I will get round to it

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    not so mean marie would it be worth seeing if you could have it dipped? May be cheaper than you think and sooo much quicker? Cupboard paint purchased but alas cost 19 all in as needed undercoat too...still cheaper than buying one but not as cheap as I'd hoped!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure