Saturday 29/11/08 What small dfw things have you done today???

Comments

• mizzy2
    mizzy2 Posts: 149 Forumite
    I am so naughty got v drunk last night and spent £30! wasnt even going to go out!

So today,

-get on with essay
    -boyf at work so no tv/xbox on
    -done daily free scratchcard
    -ratings/review on dooyoo
    -tidy house
    -clean bathroom
    -got amazon voucher from dooyoo yay can finish buying xmas presents.

have a good weekend
  • Hey all - Hope you're having a good weekend!! I've just got up about an hour ago (Well I worked until 6am and got home about 7am so it's allowed ;)) so am just easing myself into the day:

*NSD
    *Scav Beer of friend
    *Scav free dinner of friend
    *Scav free cookies/cakes of friends Mom (He still lives at home and his Mom loves to bake and I'm not really sure why but all people's Mom's like to feed me up)
    *Pay £1.59 to CC
    *Check online banking - £30 cash back from changing elecy and gas!
    *Earnt £55 at work last night/this morning and worked late enough so the trains were running so didn't have to pay for taxi :D

It's the weekend and I don't have to work tonight :D
    Debt Free since 2012
    Current Savings £1,400
    Current Mortgage £143,398.27
  • Good afternoon all

Bit late on here today. Lazy day too really!

Here's my list for today:

* Free shopping! (well, OH paid as I took Tantrum Toddler out of shop to car!)

* Checked on-line banking

* P.A.D Paid £1 off a debt

* Storecupboard dinner

* Chase Lightspeed as my survey screens aren't working

And thats about it. Bit rubbish really. Hope to do better tomorrow!

Miss P
    xx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • Today is turning out to be an expensive one.

Got a slightly flat back tyre so went to the garage to top up the air in the tyres - can't get the cap off. Picture the garage, me, 2 guys taking tools out their boot and then a mechanic coming over to join in as we try and get this cap off my tyre valve - no luck 3, yes THREE, hours later;
    Bought headlight bulbs to sort out the fact the car has one working headlight. Another hour faffing about with that - one still doesn't work (wrong bulbs);
    Got a letter from Natwest in response to my reclaim letter with exactly the same standard response they sent the last time (Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to court I go..........);
    Now sitting in the freezing cold as I can't get the lounge heater to work.

Each of the above will no doubt cost to put right. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Not a great day, but hey, at least I'm not sat at my desk at work?!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • Candy0107
    Candy0107 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Sophiesmum for starting the thread
    Bathgatebuyer - some days you just have to laugh, which makes life a little easier

I have had such a lazy day....I have:
    • breakfast from storecupboards
    • checked online banking - most of my dd's show as being taken out (great as I do not have to remeber to account for them)
    • made cranberry sauce ready for Xmas (I reduced the amount of sugar to make it a bit healthier)
    • done daily clicks
    • not ventured out (it looks sooo cold outside)
    • put the last £1 * 2 into my terramundi - opening day tomorrow....so I will be hitting the shops
    • sit down infront of a film and comps in the trashy magazine I bought yesterday (and post it off)

Think that is about it, take care everyone, talk tomorrow

Candy xxxx
    Debts at the start of my journey - about £23,000 lightbulb moment 01.03.2007 (1st payment to CCCS)..Debt Free Date 25.06.2013 Deposit savings £17,000/£30,000
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Poor bathgatebuyer, what a pain! Joining you on the :mad: car :mad: My exhaust has finally blown :mad: am going to have to put it on the card and pay it back at the end of the month, which probably means the debt will go up a little this month. Bother.

I was going to not spend, but not take down the debt until January anyway, it's such a long time between paydays and a five week month to boot. But after that it's right back on track with the £20k challenge and the sealed pot challenge. I've been given a very sexy black and gold terramundi, no way am I smashing that, I will coax the coins out with a butter knife!

Froze to bits out on the horse, have just about thawed out in the shower and am now off to prepare for my date.....:eek:
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Piquant wrote: »
    Poor bathgatebuyer, what a pain! Joining you on the :mad: car :mad: My exhaust has finally blown :mad: am going to have to put it on the card and pay it back at the end of the month, which probably means the debt will go up a little this month. Bother.

I'm feeling your pain! Blinkin' cars. I'm putting off a new one until I get debt-free, but 'm feeling sorely tempted by a £5K 05 Focus given the offer of a £2K trade-in on my old heap.
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm feeling your pain! Blinkin' cars. I'm putting off a new one until I get debt-free, but 'm feeling sorely tempted by a £5K 05 Focus given the offer of a £2K trade-in on my old heap.

I'd love a new/old one, but it would set the debt free journey back so much and I'm not sure what spending a large amount of money would do to my mindset.

That's not a bad deal you've got there, if you can manage the £3k and it doesn't set you back mentally, maybe you should do it. Only you know how bad your current car is!

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Used a voucher for a free burger at Walkabout. We bought some sides too, so that their transaction value wasn't too horrific :) Much to our surprise, they clearly hadn't seen the deal before, so brought us extra sides too! We ate at noon, I'm still not hungry.

Did some sensible Christmas shopping (half price wine, some good quality gear from Primark for a sibling who likes clothes but not labels etc.)

Put a couple of pounds into my online saver, sent off £100 cheque to open a Christmas saver with Skipton and swapped a couple of lightbulbs for energy saving equivalents (electrocuting my thumb in the process!) :(
  • Piquant wrote: »
    I'd love a new/old one, but it would set the debt free journey back so much and I'm not sure what spending a large amount of money would do to my mindset.

That's not a bad deal you've got there, if you can manage the £3k and it doesn't set you back mentally, maybe you should do it. Only you know how bad your current car is!

Piq

81,000K mile Beetle, driver side window doesn't work, only one working light, scraped back bumper, Y Reg, ESP light that pops on and can' be switched off (been doing this since day one), needs new brake pads and discs, due a service and MOT up in February........................................often mistaken for a recycling bin :rotfl:

I know what you mean about the cost of a new one. Is it worth being in debt again when I've made so much effort in trying to get out of debt. Who knows. Will have to check what loans are around and see if they're worth considering.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure