Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Nice sunny totally clear skies today :) Hopefully another 16-19kWh in the bag today...
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A reasonable weekend - 7.32kWh on Saturday and 6.48 on Sunday. PVGIS average daily forecast for October is 3.65 (classic) or 4.13 (climate). I'll be lucky to reach that for the rest of the week.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • This is turning out to be a good month.

Only 7 days gone and reached 41% of my target :)

Fingers crossed the weather stays nice...
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    jeepjunkie wrote: »
    This is turning out to be a good month.

Only 7 days gone and reached 41% of my target :)

Fingers crossed the weather stays nice...

Same here, 41% up to last night. A pathetic 1kWh so far today and the forecast says no hope of sun until Thursday :eek: Make hay while the sun shines jeepjunkie!
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • 13kWh today... Poo! :(
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Think I may have a record for today, even Shafeeq will better it, a total of 2.4 kWh, may be time to ask for a discount.:rotfl:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    jeepjunkie wrote: »
    13kWh today... Poo! :(

You may count your chickens, as Marillion would say 'Lucky Man'.
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Think I may have a record for today, even Shafeeq will better it, a total of 2.4 kWh, may be time to ask for a discount.:rotfl:

I think we probably get the wooden spoon today: 1.988kWh (or 0.537kWh/kWp), but not quite as bad as 24th Sept (1.2kWh).
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • 1echidna
    1echidna Posts: 23,086 Forumite
    I am beginning to think I may have been fairly lucky today (4kWp split E and W) as it seemed a dull day. 5.6 kWh today.

I am beginning to feel maybe I should be pursuing my vendor for a bit of mis selling and I may be back here for advice, but I will raise it with them first.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1echidna wrote: »
    I am beginning to think I may have been fairly lucky today (4kWp split E and W) as it seemed a dull day. 5.6 kWh today.

I am beginning to feel maybe I should be pursuing my vendor for a bit of mis selling and I may be back here for advice, but I will raise it with them first.

Evening. Depends what they put in writing in the quote, and what the figure is on your MCS cert.

This time of year can be a bit disheartening, as the sun sets lower and lower, and begins to miss out more and more E + W. Ho hum! Still, the steep roofed Southers will be having fun!

Still it's a bit of fun, and it'll be March again before you know it.

Grey all day here, got East 2 and West 1.3. Looks like another 4 days of solid grey, then some nice days.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback