A pound stretching maternity

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You're allowed to have chill out days. I find lists great as it encourages me to cross things off and then you can chill. Hope you're ok x
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A good spending afternoon here. I went to the afternoon tea, and all it cost was the price of 1 drink! Yay!! Then I got home and Dh handed me an envelope with overtime money in it, which will be on top of his bonus. There was £140 in the envelope. Most of that will go into the baby/maternity fund. I have decided to rejoin slimming world to keep an eye on my pregnancy weight gain (I don't want to end up gaining the same as I gained with ds) so Dh has agreed that I can pay for a 6 week pass with part of the money.

So in 1 afternoon I saved £10 and Dh brought home £140. Yippee!

I'm currently watching a bbc2 all about sweets and I've decided I'd love to work in that factory! I'm such a sweet-a-holic!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Oh, there are times I am next to useless!

Awesome news on the extra cash! If you looking for some yummy slimming world recipies I follow a couple of great ones on fb. Pinch of Nom and Two Chubby Cubs

I hope I'm not breaking any rules!
    B/card - £110 / £2200 (@0%) 1% challenge - 5% / 100%
    Loan - £0 / £13900 (@4.9%)
    Overdraft - £-942.79 / £-1800

Mortgage - £58000 ish (awaiting login details)

• MrsSave
    Oh, there are times I am next to useless!

Awesome news on the extra cash! If you looking for some yummy slimming world recipies I follow a couple of great ones on fb. Pinch of Nom and Two Chubby Cubs

I hope I'm not breaking any rules!

Thank you :) I follow Two Chubby Cubs already, but hadn't heard of Pinch of Nom. Will have a look for that! I love trying new recipes.
  • MrsSave
    One more day until payday, but I'm able to check today under pending transactions and it's there waiting to be paid in. :j

I've sorted our 'envelopes' out for next month, which includes money for Dh's swimming, my reflexology and slimming world. I have some money to pay in, but will do that tomorrow as I'm near the bank.

We've got a busy morning, I'm taking ds out in a bit to meet with friends and play, then we're having lunch out. This afternoon I'll take him to the library to change his books. The activities this morning will cost £6, I'm budgeting £15 for lunch and then this afternoon will be free.

Dh may be late home tonight, he wants to finish a job he's working on so will stay until he finishes.

Right, I'd better go and get ready for our day out!
  • MrsSave
    I am shattered! We've had a busy day, and I did spend a couple of pounds more than we budgeted. This morning's activities were £6, lunch was £13.50 but I then went into our local cake shop and spent £5.25 on 3 (totally gorgeous so definitely worth it) cupcakes. So, £3.75 over budget, but I did have the cash in my purse so YNAB isn't affected.

The joys of heartburn are making an appearance. I had it quite bad with ds by the end of that pregnancy, and it seems to be starting off now. Grrrrrr! It's all worth it though.

We popped to the library this afternoon, where ds picked 3 new books (not 100 first Chinese words this time, thankfully!!) and I renewed the ones that and Dh have out. I love reading, but don't manage it often enough. Once I open the book in bed, I fall asleep!

We've got a day of appointments tomorrow. I was trying to decide what to do for lunch, but I think we've decided to find a nice spot and share a bag of chips. Ds will enjoy that and it will be much cheaper than eating out somewhere.

I watched the first episode of Bake Off earlier. I now really want a lemon drizzle cake! Yum!!
  • MrsSave
    edited 25 August 2016 at 6:44AM
    An early start this morning for some reason. I'd been sleeping so much better, but around 5:30 this morning. I just hope it was a little blip!

Today I'm taking ds to an optician's appointment (which is free providing he doesn't need glasses - last time we went his eyes were perfect.). I need to fill the car up with petrol. There is a Tesco where we're going today so will do it there for the extra points. We'll be buying lunch out, but just 2 bags of chips and a couple of drinks so budgeting £10 for that.

I've got a dentist appointment this afternoon, but I pay privately for my dentist so no cost today. I need to pay £30 into the bank, and want to take £10 out in 50ps (if they'll do this) for ds's fruit money when he starts school in September.

This evening I'm heading to slimming world, so will cost to rejoin and the class fee (£9.95 in total). I've already got the money put to one side for that. After that I'm heading to Tesco for the weekly shop, where I have a budget of £35. This is one reason I love the scan as you shop!

I think that's it for today's spends :eek: I'm hoping I'll manage to park for free!

My pay has gone in today, so I've transferred money about ready for next month. Dh has 1 more pay to come and his bonus before the end of the month, so will add that to the bills account when it arrives.

Dh and I have, from today, £100 each. That's to sort each other's Christmas and birthdays out. Our birthdays are both early in the new year. Ive also topped up the Christmas gift fund and the Christmas food fund so they're looking healthy at the moment.

Oh, and I think I've woken up with little voice. My voice is a weakness for some reason. I haven't actually opened my mouth to speak yet, but I'm guessing when I do it'll be all croaky!
    Right, I think that's everything sorted. I hope everyone has a good day :D
  • MrsSave
    I'm home having a 5 minute sit down whilst ds watched Paw Patrol before heading to slimming world and Tesco shopping later.

I filled the car up with petrol which cost £52.55. I'm hoping that will last a fortnight now, as have mainly local car journeys to do. We ended up eating in a cafe for lunch and had a plate of sausage and chips each. That, with a drink each, came to £8.65 so within budget. We did pop into Peacocks then, and I did spend some money from the clothes fund for ds in the sale. I picked up a load of shorts and tshirts ready for next year. It feels so funny buying such big sizes when he's still only little (in my head anyway!!). I spent £26.55, instead of £55.60 full price. We then picked up a pint of milk, as we'd completely run out and ds has a glass of milk before bed. That cost 49p.

The optician went well, no glasses needed for ds. Dentist went OK as well. Usual pregnancy issues apparently, but hope everything will be back to normal by my next appointment. No work needed and nothing spent there today.

My voice is definitely croaky today, but it's still here (for now!). We'll see how it is tomorrow.
  • MrsSave
    A quick update before bed.

Tesco shop budget was £35, and I spent £34.74 :) I managed to get a few pieces of fruit yellow stickered. I got a mango for 19p, a packet of flat peaches for 17p and a lettuce for 11p. I also found a loaf of bread reduced from £1.60 to 40p. I don't think I've ever spent £1.60 on a loaf of bread before! There was no reduced meat left :( but I'm happy with my spends.

Slimming world went well. It's fab that you can do it whilst pregnant. It just means me eating a lot healthier instead of all the processed junk I throw in. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant, and have gained 7lbs throughout. I'm very impressed with that weight gain so far, though I am not what you'd call slim to start so baby has enough food stores to be working through! I set my target (for after baby is born) to be a weight loss of 2 stone. It seems reasonable.
  • MrsSave
    A quiet day today. Dh's weekly pay is in the account, as is our child benefit because of the bank holiday on Monday. That's all been transferred to the bills account.

I saw a Disney Princess felt set online, reduced from £10 to £2.50 so have ordered one as a Christmas present (we have lots of children to buy for) with free click and collect. Will collect it at some point over the weekend. My next job is to add that to YNAB and transfer the money.

I've started following the slimming world plan this morning, I've had a nice, big breakfast of bacon, fried potatoes, beans and tomatoes with a glass of juice.

I've got my whooping cough injection later. I'm not a big fan of injections, but brave enough to go alone :) and then I'm going to make a chilli con carne for dinner tonight (either with rice or in a wrap - I'll have to look whether there are any wraps that are a healthy extra, so rice is probably the best option today).

I was awake early again this morning, so planning on catching up a little later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts