PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Crystal Spring Deodorant

I bought a deordorant stone in Alliance (nee Moss) Pharmacy wondering whether it would work

Imported by Grafton Limited (It is in a blue container)

Claims to last upto a year

Well, 3 months later and I would say
1. It works, and I am a big lad
2. It probably will last a year

At £2, it is a bargain compared to normal ones

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Gibbon! I might look for one of those for my son, he goes through deodorants at a ridiculous rate. I keep telling him he doesn't need to use so much, but he's worried about being smelly!
  • The one I use is Pitrok. https://www.pitrok.co.uk/

It has no smell and you just wet it with warm water. I've had it for nearly 3 years, hasn't changed shape much at all and it keeps you very dry. It's also good if you find your hands get moist, just rub it round and you'll feel fresh all day!

I think mine was around £5 so it might seem quite expensive at first, but well worth the money!

PS it is also good for stopping small cuts when you nick yourself shaving, stings a little but does the trick!
  • The pitrok looks the same and works the same

Just wet and use

The only thing to watch is that it is solid so it will break off its base if you (or your nosey children) drop it
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought a deordorant stone in Alliance (nee Moss) Pharmacy wondering whether it would work

Imported by Grafton Limited (It is in a blue container)

Claims to last upto a year

Well, 3 months later and I would say
    1. It works, and I am a big lad
    2. It probably will last a year

At £2, it is a bargain compared to normal ones

Thanks for posting that. As I saw a small one crystal one in my local health food/green grocers cost £1.85 thought next time I will get one as I am always wrecking my clothes with white armpit stains.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • I bought one of these from Dunelm reduced to £1.50 about 6 months ago. Before then I was unable to wear deodorants very often as I suffered a reaction to them (even the sensitive ones like dove etc). So very good if like me you have sensitive skin.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I am sensitive to most deodorants as well and I swear by deodorant stone most of the year but I find it's not quite up to the job when the heat is on!

However the other way to cope is to use Triple Dry - which used to be called Linden Voss. It's expensive but you use it for four nights in a row to start with then you only need to use it once a week. I have a roll on that is three years old and still going strong which I use in summer then switch to deodorant stone in the winter.

It also soothes my environmental conscience not to use conventional deodorants - all those aerosols
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    maryb wrote:
    However the other way to cope is to use Triple Dry - which used to be called Linden Voss.

Where would I get some from?? Is it in normal stores?
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    kit wrote:
    Where would I get some from?? Is it in normal stores?
    I've found the roll on in my local Sainsbury's before now and Boots had the aerosol version last week. It's a white case with a royal blue cap and a royal blue and bright green swirl on the label - you'll know it when you see it
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Just started using a doedorant from Lush , cost nearly £5 but works really well, too girly for Mr HQ so I will look out for this one for him, only downside being I'm not sure he's awake enough in the morning to toddle off and wet it up before he uses it!
  • maryb wrote:
    I am sensitive to most deodorants as well and I swear by deodorant stone most of the year but I find it's not quite up to the job when the heat is on!

However the other way to cope is to use Triple Dry - which used to be called Linden Voss. It's expensive but you use it for four nights in a row to start with then you only need to use it once a week. I have a roll on that is three years old and still going strong which I use in summer then switch to deodorant stone in the winter.

It also soothes my environmental conscience not to use conventional deodorants - all those aerosols

i use the driclor roll on - after using it every night for a week, i now use it once a week, and theres no underarm wetness at all!! a wee bottle that cost about a fiver lasts about a year.....before i was getting through a bottle of deo a week which didnt stop me sweating and just made me very sore!

:D
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills