Back in debt but not out

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Yep in a word. Have bought twice now and the whole process is vile. But a necessary evil if we want lovely homes. What a productive day by the way!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Morning :)

Had a crap nights sleep and feel tired this morning.

Today is the first day of my new job :D I am looking forward to it and hope that the trains behave so I get there on time.

I didn't get chance to update the finances this weekend, so will need to do that at some point.

Dinner is sorted for tonight (gammon and chips) and I have mince out of the freezer so I can make cottage pie tonight for dinner tomorrow night. I'm unsure of what time I'll get home with my new hours, so this'll help while DH sorts the kids out and decorates.

Need to tally up my NSD's for last week, so I can declare them.

I'm keeping with my £10 weekly allowance, this is working well.
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck for your first day :j
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Things are happening so quickly! Yes I'd say house selling is normally as you describe. the annoying thing is that the house will look fantastic and you will realise it could have been that way all along. Or at least that's been my experience, it's always taken getting the agents in for me to get my behind in gear and sort everything out! :o

I hope you enjoy your new job as much as the old one, you'll have to let us know how it's going ASAP! :)
  • Hope you are enjoying your first day xx
  • fru-girl
    fru-girl Posts: 133 Forumite
    @purplemum: best of luck in the new role! Must be exciting!
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Good luck in your new job PMO2. I don't post much but lurk a lot

the annoying thing is that the house will look fantastic and you will realise it could have been that way all along

with you on this one MMT - we're finally getting decorating done - well finished, we seem to have everything three quarters of the way there. Anyone else taken over four months to decorate a dining/sitting room?!
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hope your first day went well!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • fru-girl wrote: »
    @purplemum: best of luck in the new role! Must be exciting!

Thanks, it was surreal going past my old site
    Eltee12 wrote: »
    Good luck in your new job PMO2. I don't post much but lurk a lot

Thanks Eltee - please don't be afraid to pop in now & again, the more the merrier
    with you on this one MMT - we're finally getting decorating done - well finished, we seem to have everything three quarters of the way there. Anyone else taken over four months to decorate a dining/sitting room?!

We're the same, to be honest we've always wanted to move and have be stagnant in the decorating, took us nearly four years to do the hallway :eek:
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hope your first day went well!

Thanks Hun xx
  • First day done and first impressions, they're better than the old company. They're a mini temp company but much bigger than the company I first left.

Plusses - free cereal and milk, free fruit and free tea or coffee
    Negatives - need to find a quicker way home, didn't get to pick DD up until 6.45pm and then needed to rush to get everything done...teething problems I think.

I think I'm office based now, not something I'm used to after nearly three years on site but everyone seems friendly enough.

Dinner is made for tomorrow, and we've got the estate agents 'team' coming to have a nosy & DS has cadets.

We've got a meeting on Saturday with the estate agents FA to see what mortgage/house we can afford, should be in our favour.

Hope everyone has had a great Monday, I'm knackered. Night, night xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport