MSE News: Car giant Ford gears up to launch market-leading regular savings

Options

Comments

• Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bobbly wrote: »
    The landing page for the Regular Saver is at https://www.fordmoney.co.uk/savings-products/regular-saver

Did anyone else think the restrictions on the memorable name/place fields were ridiculous?

Yes I had to make my memorable name four characters longer, I don't know many people with a name that has eight characters.

My memorable place was also tricky I had to double it up.

Silly really but worth it for 4%

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Failed at the first hurdle: "You must provide a mobile phone number".
    For an online account?
    Yes, I know I'm out of date and 'everyone' has mobile phones these days, but I don't, and don't need one in my everyday life. :(
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Options
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    For an online account?
    Yes, I know I'm out of date and 'everyone' has mobile phones these days, but I don't, and don't need one in my everyday life. :(

Can't you try putting your landline in, or does it recognise it is an invalid mobile number?
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Options
    isasmurf wrote: »
    Can't you try putting your landline in, or does it recognise it is an invalid mobile number?
    I didn't even try applying when I read that a mobile was required. I imagine they'll be texting rather than phoning.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    For an online account?

You aren't quite alone.

I have a mobile, whose number I don't know, which is used about twice a year in case I need to contact someone, while away from home. It's a very old Nokia with no fancy touch screen or internet .

I call other people on their mobiles, while at home (because they never think of answering the house phone), using the inclusive minutes on the landline, but except for emergencies while out, don't see any reason to use a mobile phone, which I see as an unnecessary expense.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    You aren't quite alone.

I have a mobile, whose number I don't know, which is used about twice a year in case I need to contact someone, while away from home. It's a very old Nokia with no fancy touch screen or internet .

I call other people on their mobiles, while at home (because they never think of answering the house phone), using the inclusive minutes on the landline, but except for emergencies while out, don't see any reason to use a mobile phone, which I see as an unnecessary expense.

Have you tried calling your home phone from your mobile then ringing 1571 to get the mobile number, long way round, but you don't get any text from Ford unless you tick the box that says SMS< I left them all unticked so I don't want any marketing from them.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I do wonder why Ford have this rule.

I havent seen anywhere that actually requires a mobile since you can opt out of junk by SMS etc.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The regular saver link above is now showing as "Sold Out"

Ford should stick to motor cars. It clearly doesn't understand banking. :rotfl:
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • LXdaddy
    LXdaddy Posts: 693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bobbly wrote: »
    Did anyone else think the restrictions on the memorable name/place fields were ridiculous?
    Yes - I don't have memorable names that are 8 characters long.

Also had issues completing the address - having selected from the drop down list for my post code it still demanded another confirmation that the address was valid.

Not the friendliest of interfaces.

Still its 4% on £250/month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family