Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went to a charity shop this morning on a fruitless search for littlewing's costume top (which I ended up getting new from Primark for £3 - probably cheaper than the charity shop would have sold it for). I have just bought myself the most gorgeous cream jumper and helped the local cancer hospice too. Feels good.

I put a lot of effort into exercise over the weekend and today I ache.

More strange dreams overnight - the latest involved a lot of blood from the person in the next cubicle. I think my brain is getting rid of old memories by combining them with recent events etc.

Better get on with some work as I am going blood doning later.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon my Lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshake all round. Its a bit quiet in here. No WaS and no Pyxis about. I hope you are ok?

Had a very lazy sunday. Cooked a sunday lunch and then went off to play computer games on our pcs. Then about 8pm snuggled down and watched some more of the west wing. Our replacement for the big band theory.

Yesterday was a bit manic for me. Took the dog out twice. Walked a mile and half to husbands and then tried to do the first session of couch to 5k with AM at 10pm last night. I failed and I ache all over today. And not going out with AM again. I had the MP3 player and head phones. He finished it off but I failed and did not finish and had to walk home.

Fell awful today and doubt I will get much done. And mislaid my phone again. For flipping heck sake. I am going to put it on a lead and tie it to my wrist :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Everyone take care.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Calley. - I did couch to 5k on my own, which I think helped because I could go at my own pace. I think the mistake a lot of people make with it, especially if they haven't done much running for a while, is to sprint when it's time to run, then they find it too hard and give up. I always took it at a slow pace, then pushed harder if I found it was ok. When I was struggling, I slowed down to a jog or essentially a bouncy walk as long as I kept going and I wasn't afraid to walk slowly on the recovery time if I needed to. You can build speed later. It's about getting your body used to it. In any case, you should pat yourself on the back for trying, don't let it get to you and try again. A little bit of exercise is better than none. Says she who does no exercise. (I have completed c25k in the past though and will probably pick it up again when I start back in the old job).
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I got as far as trying to download C2-5k and got stuck at that point.... that was at least 3 years ago and I haven't even thought about it since..... so you're all doing a LOT better than me :rotfl:.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks code,

I have done this before but never ached as much and never not finished it.

You might be right as AM has longer legs than me so I think I might have tried to keep up with him. But during it my hip did hurt a little bit. Never done that before.

I can hardly move today LOL!!!

Mind you both AM's mum and family friend and my own mum said they all thought he had lost weight. Weight food Penguin I am struggling and seem to be gaining not losing and just stuffing my face. And not sure why I can't seem to stop!!! I can't afford it on any level either physically or financially. Penguin end

And I am about to run out of money and have a £300 ish credit card bill due on the 19th and I have no money!!!! Seeing as AM has been living here and virtually paying nothing. I will get some extra money out of him next pay day as he should have no rent or any other bills to pay at his old place.

I need to go back to work but to scared and no transport so that limits my options big time.

Any way everyone take care

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully once you start sharing the finances properly it will all seem a lot more manageable calley.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Soo..ended up going home early from work on thuesday, had had no sleep for 2 days at that point and my mood was very very up. Doctors phone line opened at 8:15 on frday morning, between then and 8:45 i rang them over 30 times trying to get through and when i did fnally get through they had no appointments left :mad: :mad: i insisted that i needed to speak to a doctor so they said they'd get on eot call me. Spoke to doctor and she decided my mood stabliser needed doubling to max dosage and that i had to split the dose so i coul take some straight away. Felt knackered on friday taki g them but somehow surivivd work on saturday. Now on holiday until next sat (basically sick leave, if i didnt have the holiday i'd have been off sick). Seeing my GP thursday to sort out CMHT referal and everything else. Feeling very sedated but functioning at least. Oh and have to have a meeting with occ health and area manager which i'm dreading :( they seem to want a clear reason as to why i'm not well and i don;t have an answer. I'm just not.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As well as wanting to help you, its possibly a backside covering exercise on their part as well, MU. Checking that it's not something work related that's triggered things for you.
    Sorry it's taken so long to get an appt and I hope the CMHT referral will be quick. Could it include seeing a psychiatrist for a review, if you think that would be helpful?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    As well as wanting to help you, its possibly a backside covering exercise on their part as well, MU. Checking that it's not something work related that's triggered things for you.
    Sorry it's taken so long to get an appt and I hope the CMHT referral will be quick. Could it include seeing a psychiatrist for a review, if you think that would be helpful?
    I'm hoping it includes seeing a psychiatrist cos trying to manage on my own isn't working and could do with some clarity on my diagnosis. treatment and if i have a care plan.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MU,

Would it be worth talking to MIND about your meeting with Occ Health? Personally, I think when so little is understood about mh in the workplace plus with you being unwell, you need to get some proper advice.

I miss the non-posting peeps - hello.

Lambyr, what was that bookwriting software you spoke about ages ago? I want to recommend it to someone.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback