OU Students Past, Present and Future

Comments

• Linda. Currently studying S154 Science starts here, previously studied LZX193 Beginners German. No real career plan at moment. Just studying for fun!!!!
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oooh there seems to be quite a few of us. Hopefully we will start getting a few who are on similar courses and can offer each other help:)
    I could really do with someone to finish off my TMA for me, by midnight tonight;)

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • jaxjax123
    jaxjax123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Linda1971 wrote: »
    Linda. Currently studying S154 Science starts here, previously studied LZX193 Beginners German. No real career plan at moment. Just studying for fun!!!!

Hi I'm doing S154 Science starts here too I previously did S184 I think it was Volcanos, Earthquakes and Tsumanis.
    I want to get a cert in Science not for any other reason other than for me. I did the first 2 chapters in 1 day :eek:
  • cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Professional Certificate in Management, Professional Certificate in Human Resource Management, Professional Diploma in Management, Masters of Business Administration, DSE 212 for fun.

Just about to start last course in MSc Human Resource Management.

My name is Cazzie and I'm an OU addict!
  • alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    Wow Cassie, had no idea you were so qualified! Did you do all of your qualifications through the OU? That's fantastic!

I'm trying to stay 2 weeks ahead of my course, I have to be honest and say AA100 is so much easier than I thought it would be, if anyone else is doing it, I can rattle through a week's worth of studying in a night, and I'm not being smug in the slightest, it's just that I really enjoy the course and the subject matter interests me so much, if I was doing something like science I like you jax I would struggle - but my course is things like Cezanne and Dr Faustaus, it's so interesting!
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Bagpuss741 currently studying Sk195 Human genetics and health issues and loving it:D
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2009 at 2:22PM
    My current study is S216 Environmental Science, and S193 Fossils and the History of Life
    Previous Study, S186 Volcano's Earthquakes and Tsunamis, SA188 Archaeology The Science of Investigation, S180 Life in the Oceans, and S187 Elements of Forensic Science.
    Planned either BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences, or Certificate in Contemporary Science and Diploma in Natural Sciences.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    alyth wrote: »
    Wow Cassie, had no idea you were so qualified! Did you do all of your qualifications through the OU? That's fantastic!

I'm trying to stay 2 weeks ahead of my course, I have to be honest and say AA100 is so much easier than I thought it would be, if anyone else is doing it, I can rattle through a week's worth of studying in a night, and I'm not being smug in the slightest, it's just that I really enjoy the course and the subject matter interests me so much, if I was doing something like science I like you jax I would struggle - but my course is things like Cezanne and Dr Faustaus, it's so interesting!

AA100, this is the updated version of A103...I loved it and could also get through the work very quickly. I also discovered I loved art history and philosophy by doing this course!!!

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    alyth wrote: »
    Wow Cassie, had no idea you were so qualified! !
    Why - do I hide it so well!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I started off when I was a single parent with very young children. I managed to find a reasonably well paid but really didn't enjoy it and the company didn't fund any non industry training so that's what started me off on the MBA route. I was stuck in the house on my own every night anyway so thought I might as well use the time productively. I really got addicted and decided to update my HR qualifications via the OU as well. I really enjoyed DSE 212 which is a psychology course (and I got a distinction :j ) so might pursue that once I've finished. On the other hand, quite fancy a law or economics course.... Just can't stop going back!

(my first degree (trad uni) is philosophy)
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Raksha - T102 (obsolete) 1999 S203 (?) Biology Form and Function 2000. Not currently studying, but missing it like h*ll.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure