MSE News: New totally free way to get your Experian Credit Report

Comments

• MHOWARD_2
    MHOWARD_2 Posts: 58 Forumite
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi MHoward

The Credit Club verification questions are required to confirm your identity and are taken based on information in your credit report based on the information you provided (your name, date of birth, and address). For fraud protection reasons, Experian doesn’t share any detail about individual accounts with us.

When we launched Credit Club, we had a few similar queries to yours, but when we investigated with Experian, we found that the questioned accounts did actually appear on the individual's credit files.

If you’re certain that this account isn't linked to your credit history in any way, then it might be worth going through your full Experian report and checking that there isn't anything showing there which shouldn't

I do understand that this may be a little frustrating, but these checks are in place to prevent fraudulent access to your personal details so it isn’t something we can override.

Hi, thanks for the response but you are wrong on this occasion. I have three accounts, one basic and two current and not one starts with a zero and ends with a zero. I have access to my full experian report and there certainly are not any accounts that I do not know about on there.
    There has to be something wrong as if I have access to my experian report then obviously experian can verify me.
  • SteveR
    SteveR Posts: 19 Forumite
    My Wife and I both Joined Credit Club today and as we have joint investment income just put half each. But she got a very low affordability score when mine was excellent, is there a way of checking the figures we entered on her application.
    Also it says that our Electoral role entry is not linked with our address which is probably because the Electoral Role uses a different address database to the Post Office one. How do we correct this.
    If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again.
    It was probably worth it. :grin:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The electoral role address should be the same as the PO file. Contact your local ERO to get it changed.
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2017 at 11:03AM
    It can't find me either, despite over 20 years at this address.

My address seems to have many variations. The postcode covers only this and two other properties (very rural). Drop-down options to select the property show it correctly but it morphs into a different format with MSE Eligibility Checker, MSE Credit Club, and Noddle.

Correct format is like this:
    3 Red Cottage
    Yellow Road
    Bluevillage
    Greentown
    Greenshire
    GR1 !GR

However MSE Eligibility Checker finds the postcode, showing the correct format in the drop-down menu, but changes it to:
    Red Cottage
    etc

MSE Credit Club changes it to:
    3, Red Cottage (note the comma)

Noddle changes it to:
    Red Cottage
    3 Yellow Road
    Greentown
    and omits the village name.

The electoral register has the correct address as per all the drop-down menus that search on the postcode. Noddle scores me 5/5 but Experian can't find me.

Can anyone explain the relevance of a title? Mr is just that - any male (for the sake of ease let's not explore gender identity here). My longest-standing credit card still has me as Mrs, my individual bank accounts and most recent credit card are Ms, my old joint account is Mrs. How on earth can the powers that be make judgement on the basis of this antiquated and biased system of title?
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Following on from the above, I've noticed the Council Tax bill, the Electoral Roll reminder, and a photocopied extract of the house deeds all refer to it as 3 Red Cottages although the old name sign outside the houses says Cottage. Are those drop-down postcode menus administered by the Post Office? I guess the 's' at the end is enough to reject the address, but how can I get around it, when entering the address manually can't override the default address matching the postcode search?

Is the Ms/Mrs title relevant in terms of Experian being able to find that I really do exist?
  • Stangi
    Stangi Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just have to say that as a pensioner with a fair credit report but 'poor' affordability (not sure how Exp worked that out) I used MSE thingies to find out the most likely loans to be available to me and am very pleased to have secured a loan for some home improvements, low interest rate (though not the very lowest) with repayments quite affordable. My works and state pensions I guess are not likely to alter much. It's surprising how many of the lenders listed dont even consider pensioners though! Anyway thank you MSE for helping me keep my hard search to the minimum with a good result.
  • RedDwarf82
    RedDwarf82 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    molerat wrote: »
    The electoral role address should be the same as the PO file. Contact your local ERO to get it changed.
    "should" because it's weird otherwise, or "should" because there is some law/regulation/whatever that says so?
  • Is anyone else getting this error when click on the tab "New! Credit report":

Credit report failed
    There seems to be a problem getting your Experian Credit Report. Please try again later.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have also registered with Experian for my free score and should have been updated yesterday. Today it shows -1 day and not changed to 10 Feb.

I wander if Experian are experiencing problems at the moment based on the fact LeeThomas79 could not get his report.

Just saying people!
  • The problem I have is after filling in the boxes accurately I fail to get into Experian from mse! And I pay credit card in full every month. Follows all mse advice but nothing works, yesterday I just cleared £1500 off card! ????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure