Starting again at 27!

Comments

• Jacko_amz
    Jacko_amz Posts: 254 Forumite
    Thanks everyone :)

Today will be a another NSD too, trying to see if i can do as many as possible this week. Payday isn't until the 25th.

Delivered a couple of my FB things today in and around work, so actually made £50 today.

Got someone coming to collect a lamp tonight for £20. I have a holiday in may with family so i think i will put this towards holiday spends instead of CC.

Hope everyone is having a good day xx
    Tesco Loan - 9177
  • Jacko_amz
    Hi Everyone

Today is going to be another NSD so thats fab :) I did buy my work friend her birthday presents last night of amazon - but that came out of my christmas/birthday fund and was £10 so thats all sorted.

As i have just moved in to my new place i set up broadband with BT - as a reward for joining they are sending me a £100 gift card.

So happy about that as it means i can use that for the final bits i need for my new home :)

I feel i am doing well with the money at the moment, more so in managing it than paying the CC of right now.

All in good time! have a good day everyone :)
    Tesco Loan - 9177
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds like you are making real progress with money! Take my hat of to you! Finding it quite motivational and feeling the urge to start selling very soon.

Too late for Broadband but do check cash back websites for online stuff. The offers can be really good and I had quite a lot of success in the past. Just started using one again and just see it as bonus money as sometimes it doesn't track properly but when it does its a little boost.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • Jacko_amz
    Hi AngelPye

I use quidco for cashback sometimes but found it such hardwork to track things, and then when i do the retailer comes back and says no! I might try topcashback instead?
    Tesco Loan - 9177
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Organisation Representative
    Sorry to hear about that. There are a few things that you can do to help make sure that your cashback always tracks.

Always make sure that your browser cookies are enabled and you have any pop-up or Ad-blocker disabled.

I have a dedicated browser that I use for all of my purchases done through Quidco and I find that this is really reliable so if possible you can try installing another browser and use that exclusively for Quidco purchases.

We do also have a full tracking guide on our site that a lot of our members find useful so I'll link that below for you.

http://www.quidco.com/help/1435/

Kind regards,
    James
    Quidco Representative.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Jacko_amz
    Ok well it hasnt been NSD's this weekend but none of it has gone on the CC so that's good :)

filled the car up and used £20 of petrol fund - still £40 left to last til 25th. £20 will last me all week so i should imagine i will have some left. I am going to put that towards holiday spends.
    Also did weekly food top up - again used food fund and took £20 out, £30 left in food money.

Getting money out for food/petrol is the best thing i've ever done, no more scrimping for that at the end of the month!

Happy weekend everyone!
    Tesco Loan - 9177
  • angelpye
    Forumite
    Hi, sounds like all on track! Hows the new home? Does it feel like yours yet? I have a petrol fund in my YNAB budget and it really makes a difference. Its looking like I have £20 that will be left by end of month so will hopefully be able to reallocate that to part fun part debt busting :D
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    EF £0/£4200
  • Jacko_amz
    Hi Angelpye,

Yes its starting to feel like home now :) i am actually quite enjoying living on my own.
    Monday/Tuesday have both been NSD's which is great. Today however hasn't been. I spent £2.85 on postage for something i sold on ebay, and £5 on a bunch flowers/chocolates for my manager at work who is rather stressed at the moment! me and my workmate chipped in a fiver each.

Tomorrow should be another NSD :)

Counting down until payday now which is the 25th.
    Tesco Loan - 9177
  • angelpye
    Forumite
    In my book postage for ebay sales don't count but how lovely you are to your manager! Bet it cheered her up, always nice to be on the receiving end of a little treat :)

Glad you are settled and enjoying it, amazing how we grow into a new place quite quickly and all of a sudden it is 'home'. Really pleased for you :D
    EF £0/£4200
  • Jacko_amz
    Thanks Angelpye, I hope you are doing well!

I feel quite sad at the moment, just so lonely :( me and the ex were sort of getting back together over the last couple of weeks but i have decided now this isn't right as i just don't feel the same anymore.

Plus in the short time we were seperated he managed to find another woman and start to become close to her, although he stated she wasn't me and didnt interest him, it was more for the attention/comfort it still quite hurt me. I haven't even looked at another man in that way.

But now i feel totally alone and miss him! but i know its not right.

And i weighed myself this morning and i have been over eating so much i have put on 5kg!!

Argh feeling so !!!!! today
    Tesco Loan - 9177
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family