IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Picking up children and got a postal fine

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    the time for getting in and out is the grace period , as you did not take the offer to pay for parking the second grace period does not apply . therefore the only grace period is the entry one of 10 mins

pappa stop talking as IF you are PPC

On this forum, positive advice is required, not negative.

Given your knowledge about Smart, I am very surprised
  • TW1234
    TW1234 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Was this a postal ticket, resulting from entry & leaving cameras?
    If you entered the car park and took 10 mins to find a spot where you could try to read a sign, then decided to leave, taking 10 mins to get out, all due to extreme congestion, you have a defence.
    Get on with making the first basic appeal (exactly as given in the newby thread) and use the time generated to research the necessary line of action and decide if the effort is suitable for you.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    r_annie_c wrote: »
    Hi, it was in Stevenage matatan carpark and yes I have today received a code, I really don't mind paying a reasonable fine I just don't understand how they can justify the fine they ask for.

NO parking Co can "fine" you , what you have is an invoice , a bill , a letter asking for money

If smart want to take this to the end and get you in the county court (civil , not magistrates=fines) then they will have to be good

how good arev they?

2015 , tickets issued 258,045 court claims NONE
    2016 tickets issued 254508 , can you guess? ok its NONE
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NO parking Co can "fine" you , what you have is an invoice , a bill , a letter asking for money

If smart want to take this to the end and get you in the county court (civil , not magistrates=fines) then they will have to be good

how good arev they?

2015 , tickets issued 258,045 court claims NONE
    2016 tickets issued 254508 , can you guess? ok its NONE

I wonder , being registed in scootland if they have rights/authority to issue clams in england?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    TW1234 wrote: »
    Was this a postal ticket, resulting from entry & leaving cameras?
    If you entered the car park and took 10 mins to find a spot where you could try to read a sign, then decided to leave, taking 10 mins to get out, all due to extreme congestion, you have a defence.
    Get on with making the first basic appeal (exactly as given in the newby thread) and use the time generated to research the necessary line of action and decide if the effort is suitable for you.

umm , the grace period is 10 mins on arrival and "sufficient time to leave site AFTER PAID PARKING , the OP did not do paid parking therefore the leaving grace period is non applicable ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thank all for your advice, I will put an appeal together from all of your info and help and lodge an appeal with popla and see how it goes.
    Thank u
  • beamerguy
    I wonder , being registed in scootland if they have rights/authority to issue clams in england?

It's the UK so yes
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    are you sure ? , because scootland law is very different to english law and there are problems with a company starting or making a county court case if they are not resident or a company in englands juristriction
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    are you sure ? , because scootland law is very different to english law and there are problems with a company starting or making a county court case if they are not resident or a company in englands juristriction

so that would prove to be very interesting in every case that Smart bring in England
  • Would that be the reason then why they haven't yet brought a case to court??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure