New Kaupthing CHAPS/BACS Transfers discussion - Friday 24th October

Comments

• Has anyone checked their account for end of month interest where applicable?

Just checked mine & zilch! :confused:
    Non illigitamus carborundum!!
  • ontherun wrote: »
    Has anyone checked their accdount for end of month interest where applicable?

Nothing yet, but I think last month it only appeared on 1st, so I'm expecting it by Monday.
  • post_new.gif Today, 8:30 AM #1629 ontherun vbmenu_register("postmenu_15443167", true);
    MoneySaving Stalwart
    2_star.gif

icon1.gif
    Has anyone checked their accdount for end of month interest where applicable?

Take it you mean whats left in existing KE account OTR they most likely will adjust interest to INGS 6.00% instead of 6.55%
  • Hi Everyone - been away for 4 days and read thread before checking Barclays today. CHAPS 7/10 for £20K - Oh sad day...nothing for me, although I have had the email.
    So heartened to see Martin's input and huge congrats to all receivers!
    CHAPS 7/10 £20K landed in Barclays 7/11:j
  • Take it you mean whats left in existing KE account OTR they most likely will adjust interest to INGS 6.00% instead of 6.55%

I am indeed robbo. Not heard a peep from ING whatsoever on any changes to rates that are likely to occur, so I'm expecting the 6.55%
    Non illigitamus carborundum!!
  • Morning all

Well I held my breath, and guess what no funds. Person I spoke to yesterday said by COB today, even though the secure message said COB yesterday. I hold my breath again....

Congrats to all who have received money yesterday, let's hope there is a lot more by the end of today?
    CHAPS requested 10 Oct, left KE 15 Oct, finally arrived 18.00, 4th Nov :D
  • jacara2 wrote: »
    i THINK THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT POINT AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED MORE FULLY AS A GROUP ONCE ALL THE MONEY IS RETURNED TO RIGHTFUL
    OWNERS.
    THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE INFLICTED THIS UTTER MISERY ON SO MANY INNOCENT FOLK NEED TO SUFFER THE CONSEQENCES OF THEIR APPALLING BEHAVIOUR.

quote]

I have made a formal complaint to the ombudsman, clearly expecting to get my money through before the 8 week time limit ING have to attend to my complaint, however more importantly in the complaint I have also put that I demand a full explanation as to why this has happened. They cannot hide behind the reason that it was when KE went into administration, because I requested the transfer on 15th October, when ING had taken over KE and not around 8th when a lot of the transfers went missing. In 8 weeks when I get a written reason from ING I will let you all know who was at fault.:mad:
  • mrarnald wrote: »
    I was reading the Daily mail last night at work. There was an article in there that said, the government hoped that people would start to get money back as early as November.
    I have no dealings with Icesave so I browsed over it.. However it could interest you if you could get hold of an old copy.

Check out the following link - it gives updated info on ICESAVE - we should have our money back in November (maybe at this rate BEFORE we get the Ke funds??)

http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/news/firm/icesave_compensation.html
    CHAPS requested 6th OCTOBER to HSBC Link Acc
    Transfer out 8th October - CHAPS refund 29 Oct (dated 7th Oct on KE Statement), funds into link Account 31 October 3pm
  • Morning peeps
    I feel so relieved to finally be reunited with my money. I hope everyone else gets theirs today. I did lodge a formal complaint last week with KE so will be following up re: the compensation idea. I am away now till Monday, but hope to sneak a peep at the updated list before I go, if it appears before then. It should be greatly reduced today, and maybe redundant by tonight! Fingers and toes crossed.
    Like the rest of the 'already received' I shall stay here to support those still in limbo. This forum has saved my sanity since I found it 2 weeks ago, and there is definitely safety and comfort in numbers, and people power works, I think as proved here.
    Good luck today, Isobella.
    :j :beer: :j
  • I just heard on the radio that Martin is back on The Jeremy Vine Show , Radio 2 at noon today . Martin can you please find the time / opportunity to mention our sorry plight ?? I have just been given the usual fob off again by KE and there is no way my funds will be hitting my linked account today !!

Everyone I suggest you e mail the Jeremy Vine Show with a question this morning and hopefully they will take notice and ask Martin about it on the show .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure