We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,800
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    mrssjs wrote: »
    Could you tell me the difference between using "Thanks" and "Enter" on a thread please?

hiya, i use the 'thanks' button to thank the op for finding/posting the comp,
    specially the ones that require answers & they put the answers on for us :)
    the 'enter' button will show you you've entered that comp when you go back on the main board as you'll have a green tick against it, so you don't have to go back into that particular comp (unless you want to)

hth xx
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mrssjs wrote: »
    Could you tell me the difference between using "Thanks" and "Enter" on a thread please?

"Enter" gives you a green tick so that you can see at a glance that you have entered the competition. "Thanks" gives a thankyou to the person whose post you've clicked. The thanks button disappears after you've used it and, back in the days before the Enter button, it was the only method we had of recording that we'd entered a comp.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,800
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    also, if you've 'clicked' the thanks button, if you win from the comp you can go to your profile & find 'all posts thanked by ..
    sometimes help searching for the comp, specially if the search is playing up :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• mrssjs
    mrssjs Posts: 626
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    cool, thanks, will try the enter button as I've been using thanks to show I've entered
  • mrssjs
    mrssjs Posts: 626
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I likey the green tick!!!!!!!! Cheers!
  • I started with a lot of other brands such as Panerai, IWC, JLC, Franck Muller and AP. Realised that a lot of these are fashion and marketing driven groups I moved to select Pateks and Rolex Daytonas.
  • piraterob
    piraterob Posts: 153 Forumite
    Green tick is a godsend
    Wins so Far 2010 Teddy Bear

Wins so Far 2011 £5 Lightbulb Voucher:idea:Playstation 3:rotfl:
  • Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,790
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just a heads up to everyone that uses Facebook to be careful what information you give and allow others to access when you are entering competitions from this social networking site
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01...ebook_privacy/
  • susiecm3
    susiecm3 Posts: 496 Forumite
    Hi guys, i read the most of the thread this afternoon and downloaded roboform, entered a few comps but it keeps hanging my google chrome, does anyone else find this is it just chrome?

Dont want to buy it if this keeps happening, its made browsing a real pain this afternoon but it is great when it works smoothly :j
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • i have issues with it in chrome. its ok for the odd comp entry on chrome, which is why i keep it there tbh, i use firefox to comp (i liek the extensions and prefer it to chrome) and have no problems at all with roboform in it. i do have chrome open all day and logged into facebook, but end up hitting the exit button to force it shut and restarting it a few times. i wouldnt have paid for it if i was only trying it in chrome, but think its well worth it for firefox.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure