IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

UKPC/Debt Recovery plus

Comments

• hineyb
    hineyb Posts: 87 Forumite
    so i got a reply from BPA... hmmmmmmmmmm

BPA-11652

Good morning,

Thank you for your emails.

In reviewing our records it would appear as though we did not receive your original email dated 4th July 2017.

As a membership association we are only able to address enquiries in relation to alleged non-compliance with the BPA Code of Practice. We are not set up to deal with disputes from the general public about parking or control. Nor are we a regulatory body. Therefore, the Code does not provide a way for a driver to challenge how a landowner or operator has applied parking control and enforcement on private land. Any challenge or appeal is a matter for the landowners or operators procedure, with the option of taking it to POPLA, and or the courts. We will not get involved in the arbitration of a dispute between an operator and an individual.

We have contacted the operator to request further information in relation to your appeal and once received we shall be in touch.

Thank you for your patience whilst this is being looked into.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Briody
    Compliance Investigations Officer
    British Parking Association

What do we think of this? surely by them not allowing me to appeal they are breaking the code of practice?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,976
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You do have to wonder at the competence of the staff employed by the BPA:

As a membership association we are only able to address enquiries in relation to alleged non-compliance with the BPA Code of Practice.

That's what you complained about isn't it?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    fisherjim wrote: »
    You do have to wonder at the competence of the staff employed by the BPA:

As a membership association we are only able to address enquiries in relation to alleged non-compliance with the BPA Code of Practice.

That's what you complained about isn't it?

I agree fisher ...... all the other waffle is pointless

I despair with how unprofessional the BPA is, a child would
    probably give a better reply.

The BPA are certainly on par with the scam IPC
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    With the BPA, what you have to do is ignore the larger paragraph as that's saying nothing at all. What they've done is used a standard email fob-off template, but squeezed in something useful:
    We have contacted the operator to request further information in relation to your appeal and once received we shall be in touch.

So, that's what they are doing. Clear as mud but it's there when you know what to ignore in the email.

Wait to hear back and chase them up after a fortnight if you hear nothing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nor are we a regulatory body.
    If you're up to causing some ripples, why not write to David Dunford of the DVLA and ask him, if the BPA are not a regulatory body, just who exactly is overseeing the private parking industry. And given the millions it is sucking from motorists and the alarm and distress it is causing, surely the DVLA cannot blindly let this go on without some form of day-to-day supervisory mechanism in place.

Who/which body is considering the needs of the general public, which is being steamrollered via threat, intimidation and spurious legal cases against them? It is clear from the BPA response that they have absolutely no interest whatsoever in providing even a modicum of support to the British public.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hineyb
    Hey guys thanks for your replies, Coupon - thats what i got from the letter to be honest, i just thought the rest was embarrassing on their behalf, they should have just said sorry you have been treated this way and not been giving your right to appeal, we have contacted UKPC regarding this to see as to why and the we will take relevant action and be in touch shorty, would have atleast made them sound 10x better in my opinion

I think i may just write to David and say that!!

I also wrote to the landowner to inform them and see if i can get it cancelled that way.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    be in touch shorty, would have at least made them sound 10x better in my opinion
    A bit rude to the vertically challenged, though!

:D
  • hineyb
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    A bit rude to the vertically challenged, though!

:D

Hahaha i like that!:beer:
  • hineyb
    Hi guys

Just received the 2nd one of these?

Plan = Carry on ignoring and wait for BPA?

317e990.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Plan = Carry on ignoring and wait for BPA

Yes, ignore ALL debt recovery drivel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure