Whirlpool

Options
My induction hob started playing up in April this year. Rang whirlpool for a repair under their extended warranty. Engineer arrived 5/5 and said it wasn't a whirlpool product so left

Re rang and was told he couldn't remove the hob to get to the serial number, could we do that,Mahican we did, product confirmed, engineer rebooked

Came out 11/5 and ordered parts

12/5 voicemail from whirlpool advising no parts in stock , will be ordered and they would be in touch

19/5 I rang to see what was happening. Was told the parts were still on order and weren't due till the 16/6. I rang back then got told no parts available and they would put me through for a replacement which would take 48hrs to be agreed 19/6 rang again and was told they were still back dated on replacement agreements, they were working on Mays still

It's now 58 days I have been without a hob. Just received a call saying replacement had now been agreed and I will hear within 21 days to arrange delivery

Absolutely rubbish repair schedule and customer care. The person who monitors their Facebook page, whilst polite, is as much use as a chocolate tea pot just telling me he's escalated , he's escalated again, and again

I wish I hadn't bothered with going through the warranty and just went out and bought a new hob. Cooking for a family with just one working 'ring' is beyond a joke

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gonebust wrote: »
    My induction hob started playing up in April this year. Rang whirlpool for a repair under their extended warranty. Engineer arrived 5/5 and said it wasn't a whirlpool product so left

Re rang and was told he couldn't remove the hob to get to the serial number, could we do that,Mahican we did, product confirmed, engineer rebooked

Came out 11/5 and ordered parts

12/5 voicemail from whirlpool advising no parts in stock , will be ordered and they would be in touch

19/5 I rang to see what was happening. Was told the parts were still on order and weren't due till the 16/6. I rang back then got told no parts available and they would put me through for a replacement which would take 48hrs to be agreed 19/6 rang again and was told they were still back dated on replacement agreements, they were working on Mays still

It's now 58 days I have been without a hob. Just received a call saying replacement had now been agreed and I will hear within 21 days to arrange delivery

Absolutely rubbish repair schedule and customer care. The person who monitors their Facebook page, whilst polite, is as much use as a chocolate tea pot just telling me he's escalated , he's escalated again, and again

I wish I hadn't bothered with going through the warranty and just went out and bought a new hob. Cooking for a family with just one working 'ring' is beyond a joke
    Have you read MSE's Consumer Rights guide?

In there you will see that you have a statutory right to seek a remedy from whoever sold the thing to you for up to six years following the sale.

Did you buy this hob direct from Whirlpool?
  • gonebust
    gonebust Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Have you read MSE's Consumer Rights guide?

In there you will see that you have a statutory right to seek a remedy from whoever sold the thing to you for up to six years following the sale.

Did you buy this hob direct from Whirlpool?

No, it was part of a fitted kitchen. I went to IKEA first who said the warranty was under whirlpool. When I started to be messed about I went back to IKEA and asked them to sort it out as I bought it there and they just weren't interested repeating my warranty was with whirlpool
  • wealdroam
    Options
    No, it was part of a fitted kitchen. I went to IKEA first who said the warranty was under whirlpool. When I started to be messed about I went back to IKEA and asked them to sort it out as I bought it there and they just weren't interested repeating my warranty was with whirlpool

Surely by now you have read this in that MSE guide:
    Know who's responsible

When returning items, beware shops trying the oldest trick in the book: saying they're not responsible for the shoddy goods and you must call the manufacturer. This is total nonsense!

If a company fobs you off by saying "go to the maker instead", it's wrong. It's the retailer's job to sort it.

It doesn't matter if it's an iPod from a high street shop or a designer frock from a department store. If something's broken, torn, ripped or faulty, the seller has a legal duty to put it right as your contract is with it.
  • RoonilWazlib_2
    Options
    When did you buy the kitchen?

You need to make it clear to Ikea you do not wish to discuss the warranty but you are pursuing your statutory rights - which will in part depend on when you bought the kitchen....
  • gonebust
    Options
    It's 5 years old in September, hence me claiming under the 5 year warranty that IKEA give

Under statutory rights do I not have to prove an inherent fault?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,644 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you are getting a brand new hob free to replace one nearly 5 yrs old, then that is not a bad deal.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • wealdroam
    Options
    Under statutory rights do I not have to prove an inherent fault?
    Only if the seller asks you to.
  • gonebust
    Options
    If you are getting a brand new hob free to replace one nearly 5 yrs old, then that is not a bad deal.

I totally agree with that

But that's what my paid warranty stated when I bought it

I just can't not for the life of me fathom why it's going to be 90 days when they knew within 10 days my hob was no longer in production

I also can't not understand why I have to wait and wait and wait when after the engineer who came out knew it was no longer a supported hob. Even though that was know I had to do the 28 days wait, now I'm being told, 10 days after that produces I've at least 21 days before anyone gets in touch to arrange a delivery, so yet another month

So yes they agree my hob needs replacing under their warranty , is 3 or perhaps 4 months an acceptable time frame ?

This is the vent board , am I not allowed to vent?
  • gonebust
    Options
    Latest update

Whirlpool rang today

They are waiting to hear from Italy as to whether they have a hob replacement, this can now take up to another 21 days :eek:

Now if I didn't laugh I'd be crying

I explained that I've been waiting and waiting and kept being told 21 days and the fella agreed to ring IKEA to see if they would replace for me to save me waiting any longer

Hopefully I shall hear by the end of the week.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Latest update

Whirlpool rang today

They are waiting to hear from Italy as to whether they have a hob replacement, this can now take up to another 21 days :eek:

Now if I didn't laugh I'd be crying

I explained that I've been waiting and waiting and kept being told 21 days and the fella agreed to ring IKEA to see if they would replace for me to save me waiting any longer

Hopefully I shall hear by the end of the week.

Watchdog is currently running on tv.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport