Citibank asking for marriage certificate?

2»

Comments

• I had a mortgage with Citibank who are now saying I have never had a mortgage with them (not true) and supplied my birth and marriage certificate as it had my maiden name on it. They are still claiming I never had a mortgage with them - now having to go back to my bank at the time and request details from them - bank account known and now I've been told I've never banked with them either - yes for over 20 years
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,043
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    covey63 wrote: »
    I had a mortgage with Citibank who are now saying I have never had a mortgage with them (not true) and supplied my birth and marriage certificate as it had my maiden name on it. They are still claiming I never had a mortgage with them - now having to go back to my bank at the time and request details from them - bank account known and now I've been told I've never banked with them either - yes for over 20 years

Land registry is in the public domain. You could check that record.

Lenders have sold their books are various points over the years. Especially non-mainstream lenders. So, it is possible your lender was citibank at the time but is no longer citibank.

If this is a normal residential mortgage, then its unlikely to have MPPI attached to it. That would normally be a standalone payment arranged by the mortgage broker. If so, citibank have no liability for any complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure