Voluntary Opportunity

Hi everyone, I was going to post this in the old thread but it was closed but I have just had a email from my tutor saying my local town is holding a half marathon and they need volunteers to help give water to the runners and help clear the road after the half marathon has finished.

Do you think I should say yes to this and would it look good on my CV. The email also says I will get a volunteers medal for helping out at this event

Comments

• nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 June 2017 at 11:14AM
    For any new readers, before you get sucked into responding.

The OP is is an AE as they are currently banned under their other ID here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5632360

And yesterday's thread is also locked.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • What is an AE. I am asking for advice if I should take this opportunity as it might help my CV. I didn't think I would get anything like this come up so i'm quite excited about it and its come out of the blue.
  • football123
    football123 Posts: 92 Forumite
    edited 11 June 2017 at 12:13PM
    Ok, well after a lot of thought i have emailed my tutor and said I'm going to be ok for helping out at this event. I don't know how it will look on my CV but I suppose giving up a Sunday will look really good and I may meet new people which is aways a bonus. My tutor also said in the email that there may be people there that could give me possible employment in the future so told me not to keep quite like I normally to and get chatting and put myself in a positive light

And also after the advice of some people on here I have decided I am not getting the tattoo as it would be a waste of money
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Good job, two positive steps and you figured it out yourself meaning you didnt really need to start a thread again. let this thread go, you now know what you are doing.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    AE = alter ego. Posting under a new name. People normally do that when they are not supposed to be posting on the board. Which is why people are being discouraged from responding to you (even though we may be pleased that new avenues are opening up to you.)

I have been away this weekend, so have only just seen this thread (and haven't read the other one yet.) I'm not going to lock it but I am going to report it - and in fact I know it has already been reported by another board guide. Good luck with the event, though!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • football123
    When am I actually going to be allowed to have people responding to me then? MSE Andrea did not say anything to me when I was going to be allowed to post back under Sam M. I actually quite like Money Saving Expert so when will people be encouraged to respond to me again
  • xapprenticex
    i feel that you may have developed an unhealthy attachment to this forum. I think you will have access when they feel its the right time.

Till then, go out and do the positive things you keep saying youll do.
  • football123
    but they said they don't think its in my interests for health and wellbeing to post in this forum, how do they know how my health and wellbeing is. Only I know and I think I am better then I was even last week so things are improving
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you want to do it just do it. You don't need to ask us.

Also I bet you posted this on digital spy as well.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• xapprenticex
    You could always try making your own forum, then you can do as you please. or use that other forum you are on

Your answer to whether you can post here is answered in your own post. Things are improving, but that doesnt mean you in a place to be posting here just yet.

Thus far far you have come here claiming to be better and willing to do positive things, every post starts with a eureka moment and ends worse than you was before.

For the third time DO THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU SAY YOU GOING TO DO. So far you are just hanging round the forum and breaking the rules. Like i said, you need to break this attachment you have with this forum because it does you no good.

goodnight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport