IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks PCN guidance please

Options

Comments

• mae
    mae Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Best to but only the PPC and POPLA know who you are

Thanks I have xxx the assessors last name but could you edit your quote on the other thread as it still has it in there
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mae wrote: »
    Thanks I have xxx the assessors last name but could you edit your quote on the other thread as it still has it in there

have done now
  • mae
    Options
    Hi me again...Im starting to feel like a serial offender as I have just received my second PCN!!!

This time it was a hospital carpark..well actually I didn't actually park on the official hospital car park in my opinion as I didn't have any change or the required old £1 coins (they haven't updated the machine to take the new £1 coin) so I parked on a little bit of muddy land that had no white lines/spaces like the 'official' tarmac carpark. Ive taken photos.

So I when I got back I had a PCN on my windscreen from Civil Enforcement Ltd

So from what I have read on here I do nothing with this windscreen ticket (ie don't contact them at all) until they have written to me through the post? is that right?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So from what I have read on here I do nothing with this windscreen ticket (ie don't contact them at all) until they have written to me through the post? is that right?
    Nope, you appeal around day 24/26 as per advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mae
    Options
    Oh I see I did read that but I assumed before then I'd get a letter from them?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 June 2017 at 11:50PM
    Options
    No, they can't get your data for 28 days, which is why you stop them at day 26. It is all explained in the NEWBIES thread, including why '26 days'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mae wrote: »
    Oh I see I did read that but I assumed before then I'd get a letter from them?

I think you need to read the sticky more carefully and thoroughly. To the unititiated this is complex stuff. You cannot simply skim read it and hope a couple of questions here and there to the forum will help you sprinkle magic dust over it to get rid of it all for you.

This needs effort and resilience from you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mae
    Options
    :D Im clearly a slow learner...Im the same as last time..I will get there.. I have read it but I must need time to process and get rid of my anxiety of not understanding :rotfl:
  • mae
    Options
    Hi its day 26 tomorrow and I have just been reading in preparation of my first contact with Civil Enforcement Ltd

I have found their email address (despite their window ticket saying in writing only by post) and I will email the template given on the newbies thread however I just want to clarify something...Do I add the keepers full name and address at the bottom of this first email?

And also should I include the photos I took at this stage? The photos show I am on waste land with no signs and no car park markings at all.

This is the template I will copy from the newbies thread

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would not just email, if their PCNs are now saying by post only.

Do both.
    Do I add the keepers full name and address at the bottom of this first email?
    Yes, the NEWBIES thread tells you that.
    And also should I include the photos I took at this stage? The photos show I am on waste land with no signs and no car park markings at all.
    Yes, if you like, if you do NOT say 'I am on waste land'!! Who was...?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure