IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ECP POPLA appeal

Options

Comments

• Hi Rob84 - please see my updated thread with the appeal that I lost. Interesting, Coupon-mad has commented and said theyve just used a template to answer !
  • rob84_2
    rob84_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a read of it. Bit of shocker if it's just a template, makes it feel a bit random and all on how they feel on the day.
  • Well I chopped it up, it wasnt even in paragraphs when they sent it to me on the portal !!
  • rob84_2
    Options
    Jesus that's a bit amateurish
  • Honestly - You have never seen anything like it !!! It was like a full A4 page of just blurb with no paragraphs !!!!
  • rob84_2
    Options
    Mine is still at stage 2 pending comments.

I look forward to the wall of text :eek:
  • Oh you'll love the wall of text !!! Now won't it be interesting if yours is upheld ??? Essentially a carbon copy rebuttal!!!!
  • rob84_2
    Options
    That'll confirm that its just a farce. Someone on here had theirs accepted and one of the things that it was accepted on is that only one of the photographs had a time stamp on it, one dated 12th Jan 2017 surprisingly.
  • rob84 wrote: »
    That'll confirm that its just a farce. Someone on here had theirs accepted and one of the things that it was accepted on is that only one of the photographs had a time stamp on it, one dated 12th Jan 2017 surprisingly.

I wonder if that is the case whether there is anything we can do further ? If yours is upheld then I am very tempted to get back in touch with POPLA about it as that's not on for virtually the same appeal and rebuttal!!!!
  • rob84_2
    edited 11 March 2017 at 1:29AM
    Options
    @the_wheels_have_fallen_of I would get that complaint letter ready if I was you.

Decision
    Successful
    Assessor Name
    Amy Butler
    Assessor summary of operator case
    The operator’s case is that the appellant exceeded the maximum stay allowed.

Assessor summary of your case
    The appellant has raised several grounds of appeal. These are as follows: • No evidence of Landowner Authority • The signs in this car park are not prominent, clear or legible from all parking spaces and there is insufficient notice of the sum of the parking charge itself. • The signs fail to transparently warn drivers of what the ANPR data will be used for. • No keeper or driver liability.

Assessor supporting rational for decision
    The operator has provided photographic evidence of the signage at the site which terms and conditions state “1 ½ hours max stay; this car park is controlled, failure to comply with the following will result in the issue of a £90 parking charge notice; (£50 if paid within 14 days)”. The operator has provided images from the Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system, which shows the appellant’s vehicle XXXX XXX entered the site on 3 December 2016, at 18:46 and exited the site at 21:45. The appellant remained at the site for a period of two hours and 59 minutes. The operator has issued the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) because the appellant exceeded the maximum stay allowed. The appellant has raised several grounds of appeal. These are as follows: • No evidence of Landowner Authority • The signs in this car park are not prominent, clear or legible from all parking spaces and there is insufficient notice of the sum of the parking charge itself. • The signs fail to transparently warn drivers of what the ANPR data will be used for. • No keeper or driver liability. Within Section 7 of the British Parking Association (BPA) Code of Practice, it requires parking operators to have the written authority from the landowner to operate on the land. As such, I must consider whether the Operator has met the requirements of this section of the BPA Code of Practice. In this case the operator has provided a copy of the signed agreement between the landowner and the operator. However the agreement does not state an effective from date or the term of the agreement. I am not satisfied that the agreement within the operator’s evidence confirms that is has written authority to operate on the land. The operator has failed to demonstrate that it meets the requirements set out in Section 7 of the BPA Code of Practice. I note that the appellant has raised further grounds of appeal, however as I have allowed the appeal I do not need to look at these. I can only conclude that the PCN has been issued incorrectly. Accordingly, I must allow this appeal.

I would like to thank everyone for their help on this though, it has been appreciated. Unsure how mine has been upheld yet another identical case is been rejected?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure