50 p off per litre of petrol at Tesco

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    keith99 wrote: »
    The items featured seem massively overpriced.
    I would urge caution unless you normally buy the items. Trading up could wipe out any savings you would make on the petrol.
    Andrex quilted x9 is £3 at Asda, £5 at Tesco.
    Robinsons double concentrate £2 at Asda, £3.75 at Tesco.

If you look at the post about the tesco price promise, you can buy the items more expensively at Tesco then, with a bit of careful shopping, get a tesco price promise voucher for the difference to use on a future tesco shop.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But can you definitely use this with the specific fuel coupon deal ?

Yes, the fuel coupon is just a voucher produced at the til.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • sahra
    sahra Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks OP,
    just a shame Tesco have to hike the prices up to get this. I paid £2.32 for the Nescafe gold 150g refill last night and now the 300g pack is £8.98.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 November 2012 at 6:11PM
    Options
    So can I buy 10 X Andrex at £5 = £50, receive 5 x 10p off coupons, then claim £20 on the promise as long as I have 7 other different products, therefore costing me £30.
    To fill car =70 L x 50p off = £35

Therefore 90 free loo rolls Plus £5 profit. Is that right

Two separate shops because of £10 pp cap
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So can I buy 10 X Andrex at £5 = £50, receive 5 x 10p off coupons, then claim £20 on the promise as long as I have 7 other different products, therefore costing me £30.

dont forget the £10 cap so you would have to do it in afew lots so more fillers but when u can put in 10p fillers aint too much of a problem
  • ohdearohdear
    Options

This has made me chuckle !!! that's some serious maths going on there lol!!!!
  • eklynne
    eklynne Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    Options
    I wish I had the patience for all this! I DREAD the weekly trip to Tesco, this kerfuffle would send me into a panic induced coma.
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • CookieRaider
    Options

Free loo rolls?
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Yes 90 Andrex.
  • helen2k333
    Options
    Cher-Ching wrote: »
    Thanks OP

I have created a spreadsheet for myself to work out how much the goods will cost me (or if Tesco pays me to take them away like last time!) depending on what goods I buy and the amount of fuel I buy. Thought others could find this useful. Don't want to be naughty and break the rules if I upload a link to the spreadsheet, anyone know if this is ok?

If you don't mind, please could you pm me too. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport