How do you change direct debit details via British Gas's website?

I've changed current accounts recently from Alliance & Leicester to Halifax and British Gas are one of the companies who didn't change during the transfer process. I'm really scratching my head here; could it be that they don't want you to be able to update it online?

If it can't be done via their website, I'll probably just cancel it from my old account...

Comments

• Does anyone know?
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why not call them and advise your new bank details?

If you just cancel your existing arrangement, you will probably lose any discount you get for agreeing to pay by DD
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • I suppose it is more sensible to call them so I'll do that, especially as it is an 0800 number. Really, I just wanted to avoid the hassle of ringing and getting through the lunchtime hold queue!

If anyone does know if it can be done via their website it would be useful info for future reference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure