PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 1st March 2015

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 March 2015 at 3:47PM
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,it was nice and bright here this morning when I got up so I put the bedding into the washer but it's clouded over now so I might have to put it up in the utility room rather than outside. We certainly haven't had the winter sunshine this year either, I wonder where has? I'm certainly looking forward to the weather warming up a little but the forecast is for cold again all this week, so thank heavens for thermal undies!!!

DUMPLING petal, you're a good mum, a good wife, a good friend, a warm and caring person from every one of your posts here, it's not what the outside looks like or how much it weighs that counts in this life my girlie it's what is inside and you are a good woman who is trying her very hardest to do everything right. Don't be so hard on yourself, take a good look in that mirror with clear vision and see the real you, see who we see and be proud, you're NOT a faliure love you're a GOOD'UN!!!

Have yourselves a nice Sunday everyone, Lyn xxx.

The cloud cleared and I've just got in a basketful of lovely smelling dry fresh washing!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

What a night! Wind driving straight off the Atlantic right round the place. I'm so glad the front door was repaired recently and is now draught free. Mind you the wood burnt really fast, even with the top valve almost closed, couldn't have got a knife blade through it yet the wood still had flames. I unplugged the router as there was a bolt of lightning and any more would have taken it out again. Already on fourth router of the winter.

Yesterday I shocked myself by the amount of food I had to put in the bin. I really need to start to meal plan so that shopping is not so whimsical and wasteful. Certainly as I come to the end of my working life :j and will be here all the time I will have a better focus.

I rang HMRC on Friday and spoke to a very friendly and helpful agent who has recorded that I'm finishing work. I wanted it done now as it will be close to the new financial year and I didn't want problems with over-paying tax on my occupational pension. She said she could hear me smiling.

Right, cooked breakfast me'thinks. Dumpling...I avoid carbs - mostly - though it's fresh bread which always makes me weak willed!

Hope the weather improves, all the little snowdrops and crocuses are battered flat to the ground.

Happy Sunday.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Beautiful; bright day here with a good breeze so I have a towel load in the wm and the bedding to go in next, should all dry today.

OH gone to the boot sale with instructions to get a leg of lamb from the meat man last weeks beef was delish and did us a good few meals, will have a roast today and tomorrow and something Tuesday then freeze the rest.

Took dd shopping yesterday and she got a good stock which will last her a good few weeks.

Still got the dogs here, its been ok but hard work my sister will be back today and they can all go home the house feels filthy so will give it a good clean later on.

Dumpling big hugs lovely xx

Have good days all xx
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Dumpling You are NOT a failure. You are lovely person who has other priorities at the moment. If it makes you feel any better I had three slices of toast and butter before 9am this morning!

TA Have a lovely holiday.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I am off to peel the spuds.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, bruises doing nicely thank you. Rught knee now acting up, but only to be expected.

Lovely morning, sun shining, we are off shortly for our'anniversary' lunch at a local hotel.

OH has 'lost his will' it needs to be changed. I know he had it a couple of weeks ago, where has he put it.....your guess is as good as mine.......hey ho, life is all fun..NOT,
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Dumpling if your a failure then so am I. I woke up yesterday realizing that my pants that were rather loose on me a couple of weeks ago are now digging into me. I'm hacked off with battling with my weight. I'd just be happy if it stayed constant at the moment because I'm up and down like a yoyo.

Weather cold but sunny. I haven't got a clue whats going on today but I must fit in a couple of extra meals for hubby to take to work tomorrow.

Youngest will be home tonight. Its been nice having the house to ourselves though i'll miss him when he finally flies the nest. It wont be any time soon though but I'm happy with that.

Right, I am off to throw the vacuum round whilst hubby is in the shower.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    Dydd Gwŷl Dewi Sant hapu, Happy St David's day 2Q==

Dumpling, I echo what the the others have said.......You are not a failure! If your body is craving carbs then that is what your body needs and just because you haven't lost on the scales doesn't mean to say that you haven't lost inches.
    Your family loves you the way that you are and so do we xxx

I have a mouthful of cold sores at the moment, which means that I am run down again :(

Having a do what we like day today, just taking things easy and everyone doing their hobbies.
    We are having an early dinner for a change because DD has her first Sunday off in two months.

So the chicken is in and the veggies are prepared, just some batter to make for the yorkies and a Magic chocolate pudding for dessert.

TA have a lovely holiday.

Csarina I hope that you are better soon. I would have retired in three years but I am one of the unlucky ones who has copped an extra 7 years on my pension age :mad::mad::mad:

BFN xx
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • mucky_moo
    mucky_moo Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Hope your all well.

Dumpling your not a failure. From what I've read your lovely. Its hard when you get those negative thoughts and anxieties but all you can do is get back on the wagon when your ready. Take some time to pamper and be nice to yourself. Try reading a book if you can concentrate or a nice bubbly bath with a scented candle might help. The important thing is to keep trying and its ok to have a bad day/week. sending hugs :grouphug:

So trying again to get on the wagon myself. both money saving and wait loss. I'm not the heaviest I've ever been and really need to go down more than a few pounds. ideally i need to lose 6-7 stone but am going to try concentrate on the inches and not the scales although its hard. As a starting target I want to get down to a size 16 (am 20 atm) so its easier for me to buy trousers. I'm only a 25 inch leg so finding them in larger sizes is difficult. i haven't been a 16 for 12yrs so get a few changes to make.

I've meal planed for the week so I know I have healthy substitutes. My main problem is I get lazy and order take away and my DH always keeps unhealthy snacks in

I've been ill the last two weeks so not been able to move off the sofa. Never thought id say it but I'm glad I got to do some housework today. Got 3 loads of washing, cleaned the kitchen (which was not a small job) and cleared some of the table so we had somewhere to eat.

Did a roast chicken dinner (on small dinner plates and no yorkies) and jelly and ice cream for pud.

hopefully I can keep myself occupied with housework and keep to the meal plan this week and my clothes will feel a bit lighter. dont plan to spend any money until Saturday (except milk) as we have everything in.

Off to finish hanging up the washing and have a bubbly bath :j

Have a great week
    MMC
    Weight loss - 0/12 GC - July 142.01/£200 Happiness can be found in the darkest of places if only someone turns on the light
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to pop back on and say You Guys Are Amazing :A:A:A. You've made me cry (in a good way) and I feel so blessed to have you as my virtual friends. Thank you, I do feel a bit better and am ready to get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Hugs and kisses, dumpling xxxxxxxxxx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Go dumpling! We are all here for you. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income