Coop Insurance Legal Advice

I have been insured with the Cooperative Insurance for many years contents and home insurance + home homecare included. I tried to contact the legal services dept several time today and evening but every time I contacted I them I was just was cut off via phone. They are supposed to offer 24 help. What can I do if other than make a complaint to customer services?

Thanks

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Which number were you dialling?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have been insured with the Cooperative Insurance for many years contents and home insurance + home homecare included. I tried to contact the legal services dept several time today and evening but every time I contacted I them I was just was cut off via phone. They are supposed to offer 24 help. What can I do if other than make a complaint to customer services?

Thanks
    What do you mean by 'cut off'?

Did you actually speak to anyone?
    Were you cut off part way through a conversation?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you phone them this morning there'll probably be somebody there. It must be most unlikely that the legal department will be staffed on a Sunday.
  • Coop Legal Department are supposed to offer 24 hour legal advice.
    I would get though to the number provided (03306069504) in the insurance documents then was automatically and cut off at least 5 times. I also contacted the Emergency Assistance department regarding this problem and they had no knowledge of the number or how I could obtain legal advice. Very disappointed in their service.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Justiceforme, are you seeking legal advice about your boiler installation?
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    You should complain to customer services. There may have been or still is a fault on the phone service. Or the number might be out of date. Call Customer Services.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I had a similar issue a couple of years ago with the AA ... the customer services line wouldn't work, so I ended up calling the Sales line :)
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    LadyDee wrote: »
    That's Co-op Legal services. It's not the same as the Co-op Legal cover included as part of your insurance package, they wont help.
  • Thanks to all for replies. I have spoken to legal dept this morning re my boiler problem. They say that their out of hours calls are outsourced to another company. I still intend to make a complaint via customer services because I spoke to other staff who said that they worked for several other insurance companies and had no phone or knowledge regarding legal services. Very bad service indeed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure