Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• brewerdave wrote: »
    ...but the deals ARE still being offered - neighbour got 75% and credit yesterday morning!!:) ..and he had only been "off" for about 3 weeks!

We were only 'off' for 7 hours and 15 mins, didn't even miss anything! There's a section in the My Account under My Services on the TV that tells you how many days and hours you have left until your cancellation goes through. We were cut off at midnight and I was nicely Live Chatting with someone about being tempted to return with 75% off and £100 free credit at 7.15am!
  • Remembered that my 50% off deal was shortly coming to an end, so rang up this morning to cancel.

I was offered 50% for 10 months to remain, which I declined.

On checking http://www.sky.com/staywithsky I saw I was being offered 60% for 12 months. Using the Sky website, they rang me back and I agreed the deal. I'm quite happy to do the deal for less than £35 per month for the full package with HD.

I daresay I could have held out for more, but this is, I think, the sixth deal in a row I've had with Sky. I've certainly not paid full price since living at my current address which I moved to in 2010.

Happy for another 12 months.:beer::T:)
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    When I took up my 75% off with £100 credit (I have Boxed Sets with HD and Cinema at an effective £5.67/month), I phoned after checking the left within 12 months link on My Sky, but recall that the link did say that the deal would end at a given date in December, so don't know how long leavers will be lucky.

We are going to be spoiled for 12 months, after which it will probably be catchup and the Humax, as the offer is not likely to be repeated.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    We are going to be spoiled for 12 months, after which it will probably be catchup and the Humax, as the offer is not likely to be repeated.

...A lot of doomsayers were insisting that the days of haggling deals out of Sky were finished last Summer -but they still continue!:)
    With all the other competition ramping up their efforts, I can't see Sky pulling the plug on deals -they are obviously losing Cinema customers hand over fist at the moment - just look at how many ads there are on TV pushing it. The big question appears to be how far they can push the footy fans who must be their most profitable customers.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...A lot of doomsayers were insisting that the days of haggling deals out of Sky were finished last Summer -but they still continue!:)
    With all the other competition ramping up their efforts, I can't see Sky pulling the plug on deals -they are obviously losing Cinema customers hand over fist at the moment - just look at how many ads there are on TV pushing it. The big question appears to be how far they can push the footy fans who must be their most profitable customers.

I couldn't believe my luck with a 75% off with £100 offer and do doubt there will be anything like that ongoing.

Phone and broadband deals don't seem good though as special newbie prices are £5 over the old offer of full price line and free broadband (ADSL), which I rejected and moved, having had half price line and free broadband before.

They have all taken advantage of the new combination prices and I notice that Plusnet have very little difference in ADSL and fibre prices, now, but no use if you are not yet fibre enabled.
  • Zarch
    Zarch Posts: 393
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sky yearly charade over until next December.

Told them to cancel the other week and go through with it. Started the 30 day cooling off period and was offered 50% within the first hour through MySky.

Decided to wait to see if things changed as the deadline got closer.

Logged in this morning and saw 60%. Went to live chat to try and get 75% off and £100 credit, but was told that deal was gone (1st Dec) and 60% was best offer. So logged off.

I know people say that you can get 75% and £100 if you actually let the service expire then log back into Sky on the same day if goes off..... but I didn't want to take that chance.

So fired up another chat window straight away and tried the same 75% thing on with another live chatter.

Got sussed as they said they'd seen my chat history from minutes earlier, LOL....... then they said i'd already been offered 60% and £50 credit....... £50 credit?? Go on then, i'll take that.

See you again next December Sky.
    17 x 300W panels (5.1kW) on a 3.68kW SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
    12kW Pylontech battery storage system with Lux AC controller
    Creator of the Energy Stats UK website and @energystatsuk Twitter Feed
  • Zarch wrote: »
    Sky yearly charade over until next December.

Told them to cancel the other week and go through with it. Started the 30 day cooling off period and was offered 50% within the first hour through MySky.

Decided to wait to see if things changed as the deadline got closer.

Logged in this morning and saw 60%. Went to live chat to try and get 75% off and £100 credit, but was told that deal was gone (1st Dec) and 60% was best offer. So logged off.

I know people say that you can get 75% and £100 if you actually let the service expire then log back into Sky on the same day if goes off..... but I didn't want to take that chance.

So fired up another chat window straight away and tried the same 75% thing on with another live chatter.

Got sussed as they said they'd seen my chat history from minutes earlier, LOL....... then they said i'd already been offered 60% and £50 credit....... £50 credit?? Go on then, i'll take that.

See you again next December Sky.
    That's the same deal I got yesterday plus free ADSL (12 month contract on BB/phone line, rolling monthly on TV) with 6 weeks to go until cancellation. Letting it cancel down entirely will no doubt get more but the grief from the wife wouldn't be worth it, she wasn't happy with me setting a cancellation date in the first place.

Effectively £27.33 for Boxsets/ADSL(a constant 18Mps download speed)/phone line works out at 55% discount. I'm happy, she's happy.
  • I called today as my current deal is ending in a few days time. Used online chat and was offered 50% but asked for cancellation. 60% off for 12 months was showing online within the hour. Used live chat to check exact price on my package, £32 all in for next 12 months. This is £3 a month less than I pay now so I asked them to process that. I was out of the country most of last month so would have been paying much higher fee next month had I allowed cancellation to run for 31 days. I suppose I could have held out for the 60% discount and £50 credit deal but I am jet lagged and happy to have something off my to do list! Like other posters, I have not paid full price for several years now and was not certain I would get a deal again.
  • As my current offers were ending i thought I would try and see what they would offer .....

1st offer...

Sky Q 2tb + 1 mini with the box sets + telephone & fibre unlimited= £100 install fee then £65 per month.

No that's too expensive....

2nd offer same equipment,but a £55 install +£100 credit + £25 e-voucher then £48.00 per month and snapped her hand off .:)
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    As my current offers were ending i thought I would try and see what they would offer .....

1st offer...

Sky Q 2tb + 1 mini with the box sets + telephone & fibre unlimited= £100 install fee then £65 per month.

No that's too expensive....

2nd offer same equipment,but a £55 install +£100 credit + £25 e-voucher then £48.00 per month and snapped her hand off .:)
    That's a sweet deal, allowing for the credit and voucher it equates to £37.58 a month and easily beats mine. Swine. :A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback