Options
124»

Comments

• rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dark_Star wrote: »
    Are there any children he would play with at home/down the park/any other setting he is happy in/ in a 1-1 situation ? Any that went to the birthday party that you feel would be ok with him, even for an hour or so? Keep it short & have simple stuff ready that you know he can cope with, (without the need for "his" rules etc ) just to get him & another child to play happily.

Perhaps a short playdate with another child where yours can show that he can play well (supervised by you of course!) would alleviate some of the moaning by other parents beause that is what it is. Moaning. Highly doubt they were there on the spot when the "incidents" happened or would admit to their little darling being the one that provoked yours.

I would try this, too. Perhaps ask the class teacher if there is anybody they would suggest. I'd try to find a child who already plays with your son sometimes and who is NOT the oldest child in the family. Of course it's a generalisation but I find that with the first child, parents are very protective and concerned about anything that happens at school (out of their care) and everything in Reception is a big deal, but by the time it's their second child starting school, they've relaxed a bit, plus younger siblings are often more used to dealing with other children.
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    Have texted her back apologising and saying that we are fully aware of my son's problems and are working with the school to come to an action plan with Sen involvement and that I have spoken to my son about staying away from her son but that the best thing to do if there are issues is for her son to walk away and find a teacher rather than reacting as they can then redirect his attention or remove him from the situation.

I spoke to the school about his friends and he plays with the other children but doesn't seem to have a close friend. It breaks my heart

Well I spoke to the teacher today. She was aware I had been approached as the other mum spoke to her first and told her she had contacted me. She apparently told my mum that it wasn't all my son and her son was equally responsible

Made me feel a bit better

It is this other child's birthday party on Sat- we have pulled out as it is just going to be awkward and I don't want to have to stop him having any fun in less it is misinterpreted. We are going to do something else
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure