9 weeks unpaid wages

hi can anybody offer any advice im new to all this well here go 's

I started work for a cleaning company on the 27th feb
we handed time sheets in on the 25th of every month and i was told i'd get paid about 7 days later however payment dates were
5th aprill
8th may
12th june
10th july

on august the 10th i rang the office once again and they said they were having banking troubles and would be sorted in a few days
i must have rang them another 20 times over the course of the next couple of weeks and was given one excuse after another,computer issues banking issues, company takeover,more banking issues due to the takeover i was always told on each phonecall it would only be couple of days so on the 22nd august i'd had enough i handed in my notice saying i would work till the end of the week so my last day would be the 24th august my manager rang me the mornin after saying please change your mind we are going to pay you this week i said no i didnt believe them, so on the 24th august i handed in my final timesheet with a letter detailing how much they owe me £896 and i expected payment in full by the 31st august giving them 7 days or i would seek legal advice .acas rang them on 31st and they told acas same stuff they told me about bank problems and said it would be 3-4 weeks acas seemed to except this however this was no good to me and to be honest didnt find acas very helpfull at all so i went to the solicitors and got them to send a notice of intention of enforcement action which also gave them another 7 days this has now passed any sugestions what i could do next and .the quickest way to get my cash

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    nattyuk wrote: »

we handed time sheets in on the 25th of every month and i was told i'd get paid about 7 days later however payment dates were
    5th aprill
    8th may
    12th june
    10th july

on august the 10th i rang the office once again and they said they were having banking troubles and would be sorted in a few days
    i must have rang them another 20 times over the course of the next couple of weeks and was given one excuse after another,computer issues banking issues, company takeover,more banking issues due to the takeover i was always told on each phonecall it would only be couple of days so on the 22nd august i'd had enough i handed in my notice saying i would work till the end of the week so my last day would be the 24th august my manager rang me the mornin after saying please change your mind we are going to pay you this week i said no i didnt believe them, so on the 24th august i handed in my final timesheet with a letter detailing how much they owe me £896 and i expected payment in full by the 31st august giving them 7 days or i would seek legal advice .acas rang them on 31st and they told acas same stuff they told me about bank problems and said it would be 3-4 weeks acas seemed to except this however this was no good to me and to be honest didnt find acas very helpfull at all so i went to the solicitors and got them to send a notice of intention of enforcement action which also gave them another 7 days this has now passed any sugestions what i could do next and .the quickest way to get my cash

I would suggest you seek the legal advice that you said you would.
    You are entitled to be paid on time and in full for the work you have done.

More useful information can be found on the Citizens Advice self-help website www.adviceguide.org.uk or by calling the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline (0845 4040506) or contacting your local CAB office.
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    nattyuk wrote: »

5th aprill
    8th may
    12th june
    10th july

Hi

The situation you have described appears to be that of illegial deduction of wages and ultimately can be resolved by submitting a claim to an Employment Tribunal within the appropriate time limits. However you should attempt to resolve the matter by negotiation with your former employer in the first instance by outlining in writing what you are owed if you haven't already done so.

Please refer to the web site below to find your local CAB office who may be able to help

www.adviceguide.org.uk

There is also a very good factsheet covering this situation which can be found by following the link below :

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_factsheets.htm

Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • hi there acas has basically given up they have said hes not returning there calls and next i should go to employment tribunal or county court which is best choice also my ex boss has appaently said he cant be touched as hes a limited company a couple of sugestions put to me which i think are extreme but could work is go in the morning and tell him if he doent pay me im going to go and see the manger of the building i used to clean which is run by the local authority (which he still has the cleaning contract for) and if she wont help me ill contact her manager at the councill and complain to them hopefully he wouldent want that ,or what about siting outside the office which is on a very busy industrial estate with a big banner and contacting my local newspaper and tell them im haveing a 1 woman protest and see if there intresed in running the story what do you think
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure