The Spreadsheet Diva's MF Diary

Comments

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Routing for you. Totally get the negativity bit, I stopped posting for a while for similar reasons but wow SueP you really have had a bucketful to deal with. hang in there and may the next 50 years be fabulous :)

Oh dear, that's quite mild compared to our past :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I feel such a t*t for being so affected by it :o

xx
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • SueP19
    Forumite
    You could change the :mad: above to big grins :D How, just pop £1 into o/p and savings fund :j
    There that's better :D

You have certainly had a lot going on, so hopefully the tide will turn and you will be on the up and up.
    • First of all YES ! ! ! You were missed :A
    • Mortgage op's £0 :mad: - Got a £1 ? put in the o/p fund :A :)
    • Money Saved £0 :mad: - Got another £1 ? in the savings fund it goes:A :)
    Not huge amounts but you can say, you have o/p and started a savings fund, it's no fib.

Now for the really scary bit - Just think how far down the line you are with your mortgage, don't feel you are getting anywhere, well your a lot further on than me :T here's the scary bit. Your now 50 :eek: :rotfl: Sorry, that's not the scary bit, it's that when I was 50 I didn't even have a mortgage:D.

Think of yourself taking one out in 2 YEARS from now :eek::eek::eek: like I did. Yeah, thought that would make you feel better :rotfl:Your light years ahead of me.

Hope you are feeling a whole lot better and that work has improved somewhat, still got that (hole behind:o) at work making stupid comments. Take it easy, and look after yourself, this is "your time"

Oh Frayed you have missed your calling.................motivational speaker or what................thanks for the kick up the bum, needed and well pointed out and DULY noted :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: thanks x
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • SueP19
    Forumite
    edited 19 October 2016 at 2:21PM
    My KM Journey..........my second lightbulb this year (technically No 1-Overpay your mortgage was end of last year but hey don't shoot me)

Anyway my KM journey has not really got on very fast, am a bit like the tortoise, except I'm a geriatric one :cool:

I am shredding paperwork............I have a 70l box full...........you want to know how big that is, well it's the biggest darn box they sell in Mr M's :eek::eek::eek: Paperwork dates back to 1989 :eek::eek::eek: Well I am actually proud of being such a paperwork geek really but the time has come.

It is quite therapeutic actually, I thought it would be sad but it's like "hey good riddance to the old debts and struggle, I'm 50 now and deserve a new life" kind of shredding :D:D

I think it will take me a year to shred the stupid stuff :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have done clothes and magazines. Part of the reason it is slow is the fact I am incorporating DIY into the mix, so KM sort then paint :A:A

Is anyone out there KM'ing too :T
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,446
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    Just read your diary Sue and you do seem to have to deal with a lot with your OH and DD too. Our loved ones really know how to test us don't they?

I have delurked to say that my brother was diagnosed with MS this year and that started with optic disturbance. He was seeing double but the tiredness he had suffered for years without realising that could be MS. An MRI scan would have picked up evidence though so hopefully you don't have that and it is just one of those things.

I don't KM but I don't buy a lot of stuff and have a rule that if we buy something new, an older one gets ditched. Same applies to clothes. Difficult bringing OH round to that thinking though :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SueP19
    Forumite
    edited 19 October 2016 at 3:53PM
    Just read your diary Sue and you do seem to have to deal with a lot with your OH and DD too. Our loved ones really know how to test us don't they?

I have delurked to say that my brother was diagnosed with MS this year and that started with optic disturbance. He was seeing double but the tiredness he had suffered for years without realising that could be MS. An MRI scan would have picked up evidence though so hopefully you don't have that and it is just one of those things.

I don't KM but I don't buy a lot of stuff and have a rule that if we buy something new, an older one gets ditched. Same applies to clothes. Difficult bringing OH round to that thinking though :(

Ah bless you for de-lurking, I did have an MRI but the wrong one, I had a standard one and the consultant said it should have been one where I was dye injected. I suffer with aching muscles and bones plus I have a patch of numb skin on my thigh..........but still time will tell, as they say lot worse things at sea.

I don't actually buy lots of things but what I do buy I keep for years and years and years :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I attach a monetary value to things which makes it difficult to part with stuff and YES I can tell you how much I paid for things going way way back :o OH is so scared we can afford to replace stuff he still to this day cuts plugs off appliances, yes I know they are molded on but :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: xx
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 October 2016 at 7:12PM
    SueP19 wrote: »
    Oh Frayed you have missed your calling.................motivational speaker or what................thanks for the kick up the bum, needed and well pointed out and DULY noted :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: thanks x

Actually, I've had plenty of practice - on myself :eek: :o when I've needed the " kick up the bum " I've had to "give myself a shake, pick myself up, dust down, good talking to and get on with it, so as I said - plenty of practice :)

As for the KM journey, would love to do it properly, kid myself on I 'm starting but how on earth do I gather up all items of one particular "items" by the time I've done that, I've lost interest :eek: :o
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • SueP19
    Forumite
    edited 20 October 2016 at 9:08AM
    Lolol I can just picture you giving yourself a good talking to

UmMMM yes I think we all toy with KM on the Facebook group there is lots of clothing picture xx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SueP19 wrote: »
    My KM Journey........

I am shredding paperwork............I have a 70l box full...........you want to know how big that is, well it's the biggest darn box they sell in Mr M's :eek::eek::eek: Paperwork dates back to 1989 :eek::eek::eek: Well I am actually proud of being such a paperwork geek really but the time has come.

It is quite therapeutic actually, I thought it would be sad but it's like "hey good riddance to the old debts and struggle, I'm 50 now and deserve a new life" kind of shredding :D:D

I think it will take me a year to shred the stupid stuff :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have done clothes and magazines. Part of the reason it is slow is the fact I am incorporating DIY into the mix, so KM sort then paint :A:A

Is anyone out there KM'ing too :T
    I'm KMing, and I find the mse thread incredibly helpful. It *is* slow - people talk about needing to make several passes, and that's because priorities change, needs change, stuff wears out, and so on. Paperwork is one that seems to take forever, I agree - and for most of us it's impossible to get it all in one place at one time as per the recommendations :rotfl: I did all my diaries, for instance, not all my paperwork :rotfl: and then all my holiday diaries and leaflets (ooh, and I'm transcribing my first Interrail diary as the basis for another kindle book :D you never know where it will lead :D).
    As for the KM journey, would love to do it properly, kid myself on I 'm starting but how on earth do I gather up all items of one particular "items" by the time I've done that, I've lost interest :eek: :o
    It doesn't have to be perfect, is what I'm telling myself :p but it does become important when you realise that you're buying duplicates and even triplicates of stuff (drain clearing snake and needles are the two things that spring to mind immediately :o) even if you have to make a second go, it's still worth doing. It has been for me, anyway, I couldn't find anything!
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • SueP19
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm KMing, and I find the mse thread incredibly helpful. It *is* slow - people talk about needing to make several passes, and that's because priorities change, needs change, stuff wears out, and so on. Paperwork is one that seems to take forever, I agree - and for most of us it's impossible to get it all in one place at one time as per the recommendations :rotfl: I did all my diaries, for instance, not all my paperwork :rotfl: and then all my holiday diaries and leaflets (ooh, and I'm transcribing my first Interrail diary as the basis for another kindle book :D you never know where it will lead :D).

It doesn't have to be perfect, is what I'm telling myself :p but it does become important when you realise that you're buying duplicates and even triplicates of stuff (drain clearing snake and needles are the two things that spring to mind immediately :o) even if you have to make a second go, it's still worth doing. It has been for me, anyway, I couldn't find anything!
    Save

I think that's so true with everything, we try to be sooooo perfect and at the first hurdle we fall and fail. I am resisting buying fitted sheets for the spare bed (DD paying her first visit home, so had to buy mattress this week, ebay find :T) I blooming know I have some somewhere but can I find the bleep bleep things lolol.

Great idea on the diary there Karma :T:T

Yes DD is coming home :D:D:D I am trying to decide if and it's a big IF I can decorate her room in time. It's current state is no wallpaper and cracks on the wall plus a heap of junk in the middle (oh and round the sides).

I have all the stuff..............paint, coving wallpaper, curtain pole and curtains to do it but I have 2 weekends :eek::eek::eek: What do you all think :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • SueP19
    Forumite
    Mattress has arrived :T:T:T looks alright :D

Ive had an idea for a treat for OH 50th next year. I know we didn't do anything for mine but that was more me feeling sorry for myself and being the one to organise stuff it didn't get done :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway as I'm 50 this year OH 50 next and the following year we will have been married 30 years :eek::eek::eek:

So I thought it would be a lovely idea to go and see the Tattoo. Not without it's hurdles as OH works the land in the summer and to have time off would be hard to get from work, plus we have Samson our GSD who would stress about being left with someone (this is the main problem)

Would be nice though, a quick rekky says the tickets are £125 each, train fare £250 and overnight stay £300 :eek::eek::eek: Wish they did a big :eek: the total cost would be about £800 with out spending, our last weeks holiday in July only cost £250!!!!! ummmmmm is that extravagant, no don't answer please because we never do anything amazing and memories are made from amazing............would be once in a lifetime

Yes I know we could drive up, about 300 miles each way but OH would be soooo tired too tired to drive, the train is first class.............the hotel is a few seconds from the royal mile and they are the best seats. :D:D:D:D

Yes am sure I could half the cost BUT do you ever just want to say stuff it, lets go in style. Spend my life cutting corners, scrimping and doing with out :(:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure