Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    I have never had spam:p

Thats why i didnt do challenge:rotfl:

Thanks but its tomorrow:(

Oh dear:oim sorry..
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes he knows he will have to pay, this is the thing he does not have the ability to sort it out

Is there no one to help him?

If there isn't, there used to be some provision to help/run these package of support, I am assuming that there is similar provision.

It does raise the importance of planning, and having things like power of attorney in place before you need it x
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You had the same thoughts as me. I think unless unilever are free we should avoid them for a while... the cheeky sausages..10% is a flipping lot.

I agree, I mean, its not as if they reduce their prices when the pound is strong , so I;m all for avoiding them. Actually, I don't buy their stuff anyway!!:o
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    matty17r wrote: »
    Love all the stories about other people wasting their money! Depressing all these banks dropping their interest rates. However, I did read last week on one of the online papers that the government is going to bring back some sort of bond to help savers. This is going to be announced at the end of november - so a little hope there.
    Went to westwood cross shopping centre in thanet today so many shops there couldn't get them all done. Not many bargains. Read on another forum that arm and hammer toothepaste is great for senstive teeth so got some of that 125ml in poundworld which is much cheaper than all the other top brands. Also abact hand gel 237ml which I will decant into smaller bottles for holidays/picnic bag. SA in tesco said she could only accept 5 hipp coupons but then noticed she had scanned so let me have it this time! nice overage of £1.98 by just sticking to 100pc fruit ones. Lots of clearance bargains in this tesco on a large cage down first aisle for an other eliters reading (come back the eliter from this way) used to love your posts but cant remember your name!
    Am also have a big declutter and having a bootfair on sunday weather permitting. Cannot get the timing right for whoopsies at Asda so am very jealous of trulymadly's 10p items.

Think it's just me matty. :eek: :rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Honest answer I have no idea. :o I only want a few hours a week though.

I have no idea what experience/qualifications you have, but I am assuming you want to maximise your income and fit work into your normal life.

Caring? office work? stripper? What about doing car boot sales (stock from house clearance and glitching.

I have to admit I would be lost without work (this is a deficiency in me).
  • Sunshinemummy
    marrbett wrote: »
    i agree, i mean, its not as if they reduce their prices when the pound is strong , so i;m all for avoiding them. Actually, i don't buy their stuff anyway!!:o

I agree
    :T:T:T:T
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I agree, I mean, its not as if they reduce their prices when the pound is strong , so I;m all for avoiding them. Actually, I don't buy their stuff anyway!!:o

But they do Marmite. :p
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Honest answer I have no idea. :o I only want a few hours a week though.

Mid day surpervisor at local school and get school holidays off ;)
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    But they do Marmite. :p

UGH :mad:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    I know. When my alarm goes off at 5.05am I do NOT like it!!
    But, I only do 3 days a week and bring home around £300 every 4 weeks, which has proved to be a lifeline for us!!

Its amazing what you get used to.xx

It feels like such a big step but I know have been putting it off for far too long now. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure