A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Yay about the lunch :j
    Yay about the company :j
    Double yay about the fiver! :j:j

Sucks about the job application and the additional research.

It will all come good in the end.

Dxxx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,853
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:52PM
    ^^^
    What Dolly Rocker says! Good to see lots of positives, shame about the others but it always rings warning bells to me when a prospective employment has anything go wrong at recruitment stage, and that includes feedback that doesn't ring true.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Glad you had a nice lunch and finding a fiver is never a bad thing.

Sorry to hear about the application but something better will be along soon I'm sure.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,810
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Boo to the job.
    'Tis their loss :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Got a piece of work out to a client for review. This is the second tranche of my first job. Wish they'd get a wiggle on so I could issue an invoice. Didn't venture out at all today but a friend called over this evening. Tea and biccies were consumed and the world put to rights. Also spoke to DS today and got a text from dd.
    Today I am grateful for
    Contact and communications
    Eating from in house resources
    Segments of Terry's chocolate orange
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You do know don't you that you don't HAVE to keep in contact with your mother JUST because you are related don't you? I don't care what age people are manners cost nothing, and doubly so with family. Toxic people eat away at your soul, and self confidence. Don't let them have the power. She will live her old age a very lonely old lady if she does not improve.

on the other hand have you ever told her she was being objectionable? Some people really are THAT thick skinned that the don't realise that they are being a class A !!!!!. But if you have tried to talk to her and she hasn't changed, or actually has become more vicious, then it is your choice whether you let her be horrible to you.
    Good luck
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Thanks Chev. She has been told by me and by others. I think it gives her some warped kind of kick. When I told her I was quitting work, she went on and on until I got upset. She subsequently told one of my sisters that she thought I was forced into leaving the job as I didn't seem happy. Nothing is ever her fault. I mean, what's on here re Saturday isn't even half the story. I know that, in theory, I can walk away. Just need to master that good old irish catholic guilt!
    Anyhows. On more pleasant matters, my friend took away two soft toys for her wee one last night. These were from a tidy out dd did before heading off. The remaining items from that batch can now go to a charity shop some day when I have the car out.
    Today I am determined to get the stuff in my home office sorted before it completely turns into a dumping ground. Wish me luck with that!
    I will also need to forage in the freezer for lunch and dinner to avoid a trip to the shops.
    Happy hump day.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Happy hump day lovely!

It's a sorry old situation you find yourself in with your mum. You will make the right decision for yourself when you are ready to do it, in the meantime we are here for virtual hugs.

Dxxx
  • Hugs are greatly appreciated. A small part of the big project has fallen into place. On money matters, I was chancing the business account and there was more money than expected. I dug and realised that I may have a fee to pay for a refused cash transfer. Instead of giving myself expenses of £400.80, I mistyped and tried to pay myself just over 400k. Fingers crossed there's no charge and it also explained why funds were getting low on the personal account. I always check off outgoings but not income.
    Totally unrelated but I gave into a takeaway this evening and there's leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.
    Am still waiting to hear about the potential piece of work. Fingers crossed for that.
    Tonight I am grateful for
    A phone call
    Access to information
    Good real and virtual friends
    My OH
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,810
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    400k. :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback