Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Comments

• lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    chrisp640 wrote: »
    Received a letter yesterday form Vitamail saying that I had the winning number for a £15,000 payout. To claim I needed to respond to them within 48hrs with an order. It didn't really give me time to think so I ordered the minimum and await my cheque.
    Today I have searched the internet only to find warnings of a scam so whether I will ever get any winnings is yet to be seen.
    I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.

Vitamail have been scamming people for years

See

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=88427
  • thanks - will have to be more careful
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Miss Gym update!

I received the iPad 2 this morning!

8wxjf4.jpg

omg i genuinely believed this was a scam did u email them again or did it just arrive out of the blue?
    What goes around-comes around
  • gabbyevs wrote: »
    omg i genuinely believed this was a scam did u email them again or did it just arrive out of the blue?

I had an e-mail out of the blue from Chris Laing saying he was going to post the iPad after he went to the hospital but that he had left my address at his house. So I sent my address again and a couple or so hours later I received an e-mail with a picture of a Royal Mail Special Delivery receipt and it arrived the next day, still sealed! I opened it and turned it on to make sure it worked and everything seemed fine! I, of course, e-mailed him to let him know I received it okay but not heard anything back since... which is fine by me really, lol. :rotfl:
  • I had an e-mail out of the blue from Chris Laing saying he was going to post the iPad after he went to the hospital but that he had left my address at his house. So I sent my address again and a couple or so hours later I received an e-mail with a picture of a Royal Mail Special Delivery receipt and it arrived the next day, still sealed! I opened it and turned it on to make sure it worked and everything seemed fine! I, of course, e-mailed him to let him know I received it okay but not heard anything back since... which is fine by me really, lol. :rotfl:

That is so good to hear im so pleased you got it!! Congratulations~!!
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    just very odd after all this time unless someone official got in touch with him
    What goes around-comes around
  • GED122
    GED122 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Received this e-mail today:

Good afternoon..............,

You recently won a competition with us and on delivery of your prize, unfortunately there was no one in at the address given.
    Could you please call the courier company back on 01795435444 and quote your consignment number of xxxxxxx to rearrange a delivery date that is suitable for yourself.

Many thanks and congratulations

I think this is dodgy as it does not say who it is from. I am waiting for one thing to come through the post from a Chat comp win. But any delivery company would usually leave a card through the door. Has anyone else had anything similar as I don't want to chance the number if it is a scam :mad:
    December 2012 wins: WWE TLC Stunt Set, Bottle of Chambord Raspberry Liquor.

Jan 2013 Win: Levi Roots Cook Book:rotfl:
    Feb 2013 Win: Kit Emergency Charger :rotfl:
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    01795 435444. Interlink Express Ltd Unit 41/Sittingbourne Ind Pk Sittingbourne ME10 3JG

Sounds genuine?
  • GED122
    GED122 Posts: 131 Forumite
    edited 19 February 2013 at 5:31PM
    Thanks Lilias tried the number and it was genuine apparently they did not have the house number and wanted to check. Just if the e-mail had said from what company I would have not been so suspicious thanks again
    December 2012 wins: WWE TLC Stunt Set, Bottle of Chambord Raspberry Liquor.

Jan 2013 Win: Levi Roots Cook Book:rotfl:
    Feb 2013 Win: Kit Emergency Charger :rotfl:
  • billyxz
    billyxz Posts: 8 Forumite
    1000-vouchers.co.uk

This is ascam website saying you won but you have to fill in another comp, then you get spamed and you get signed up to costly text service.

sorry i have to be quick as late for work! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback