Sun £9.50 Holidays Jan 2014 Code words

Comments

• Mr_Doovde
    Mr_Doovde Posts: 291
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Here is the Spreadsheet checking program for you to download ready for Saturday. I haven't changed anything except the words list so hopefully it will still work, only you can't check that it will work until the site opens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzhbDet0XnBDYm9LNkRQeldMSkE/edit?usp=sharing
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
  • Mr_Doovde wrote: »
    Here is the Spreadsheet checking program for you to download ready for Saturday. I haven't changed anything except the words list so hopefully it will still work, only you can't check that it will work until the site opens.

I haven't been part of the code cracking before, but would love to have a go this time! I've looked at the spreadsheet, but don't quite understand what to do - would you mind explaining please?
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • Lil_Lady
    Lil_Lady Posts: 339 Forumite
    Mr_Doovde wrote: »

oh Gosh I'd love to help again but I'm out until 8pm
    I'll check in periodically to cheer you all on though !! :D
    proud to be a young stroke survivor
  • Mr_Doovde
    Mr_Doovde Posts: 291
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I haven't been part of the code cracking before, but would love to have a go this time! I've looked at the spreadsheet, but don't quite understand what to do - would you mind explaining please?

Firstly we have to wait until the booking site opens which from experience should be some time on Saturday afternoon, before the Sun Staff go home for the day.

You fill in the details in the green cells, with your priority reference, the remaining code words, and your email address, then you have to select what words you want to check, we will no doubt be allocating people blocks of code words to check, so you change the "start at line" number to the number that corresponds to the start of the words you want to check which you get from the list of words and lines to the right. Then you press the start button and it should open an Internet Explorer window and start checking through the words from the point which you set. If it comes across the correct word then will go through to booking and I think the spread sheet will say something like The word may be FROG (for example).

You will have to allow macro's to run in excel for the checker to work, this can be found in the menu under Tools>Options>Security>Macro Security and set it to Low
    Joovce, Joovce you want me to spell, it's a J, V, C.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Mr_Doovde wrote: »
    Firstly we have to wait until the booking site opens which from experience should be some time on Saturday afternoon, before the Sun Staff go home for the day.

You fill in the details in the green cells, with your priority reference, the remaining code words, and your email address, then you have to select what words you want to check, we will no doubt be allocating people blocks of code words to check, so you change the "start at line" number to the number that corresponds to the start of the words you want to check which you get from the list of words and lines to the right. Then you press the start button and it should open an Internet Explorer window and start checking through the words from the point which you set. If it comes across the correct word then will go through to booking and I think the spread sheet will say something like The word may be FROG (for example).

You will have to allow macro's to run in excel for the checker to work, this can be found in the menu under Tools>Options>Security>Macro Security and set it to Low

I'm happy to check a block of words, but it will have to be manually because I don't have Excel (OpenOffice user) - sorry!
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • welkenny
    welkenny Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2014 at 7:02PM
    i'd be happy to help check
  • Louok
    Louok Posts: 16 Forumite
    I've never been part of the cracking team before but picked up the links on here and always appreciated the early bookings! Happy to join the team this time and help if you need me!
  • Hi
    Can some one answer some questions about butlins skegness please?

1. Is this the butlins main resort or the caravan park opposite?
    2. If it is the butlins main site can we upgrade to the silver or gold apartments?
    3. Why is there a need for an Entertainment Plus Pass?(£12 per person per £9.50 break - £15 per person per £15 break) We were at butlins last year and the only extra passes you had to buy were for the sky bar or activity passes.
    Thanks
  • I'd be happy to help with the code checking effort too.
  • phena
    phena Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi, I will help with the code cracking as well. Just let me know which letters you want me to check. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure