Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• skintandscared_2
    skintandscared_2 Posts: 2,781 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2013 at 11:09PM
    Options
    Just quit smoking all together - i know its tough, took me a year...

But, not having that demand in my head, smell in my clothes and breath & extra cash in my pocket is fantastic

good luck

Works for some, if you're in the right frame of mind. Well done you for doing it. Doesn't work for others, sadly. I've recommended e-cigs to about 8 people altogether and ALL have successfully quit the stinkies with e-cigs. E-cigs aren't harmful. They're nothing to be ashamed of. And we still get all the benefits you mention. My vaping habit now costs me about £20 a month instead of over £220 and is no more harmful to me than a cup of coffee. What's wrong with people using an alternative?

And it took precisely 3 weeks after discovering e-cigs to quit the stinkies completely. Which probably works out a tad cheaper than taking a year to do it....? ;)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread member 244
    Quit smoking 13/05/2013
    Joined Slimming World 02/12/13. Loss so far = 60lb in 28 weeks :j 18lb to go :o
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    Just quit smoking all together - i know its tough, took me a year...

But, not having that demand in my head, smell in my clothes and breath & extra cash in my pocket is fantastic

good luck

Good for you. Really; well done.
    :money:
  • Farzackerly
    Options
    I wonder if anyone makes Spam-flavoured e-liquid, yet?
  • Isaac-the-red
    Options
    I wonder if anyone makes Spam-flavoured e-liquid, yet?

ROFL :rotfl:

I bet the last couple of spammers do ;)
  • speedfreek1000
    Options
    I've been using a Kanger Pro Tank 2 for the past week.

I'm unsure if life can get any better. It's brilliant :j

Although having just seen the duel coiled Pro Tank 3 on MyEPack..... I'm spending too much on this now :rotfl:

Got some 2 & 1 mm silica and 1 mm Ekowool winging it's way to me as well.

Can anybody recommend any small EGO batteries? Talking length wise here so don't mind if they're a bit chunky. AAEC says there's 400 mah batteries but I can't find any. For out n about with my EVODs.
  • johnstrowsmith
    Options
    Hi,

I smoked for 20 odd years and never thought i'd be able to quit, found it really easy using ecigs. Admittedly for me the push came from losing a relative to lung cancer, was a really horrible way to go and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

If your considering quitting the definitely ecigs are the way forward.
    http://www.ecigaretteliquids.org.uk/
    John
  • Habbakuk
    Habbakuk Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not a heave smoker. In fact, I don't smoke on most days but when I decide to have a few beers, I very much enjoy a few smokes. I've read that some people who were once heave smokers have been able to stop smoking 'proper' cigarettes and instead smoke electronic cigarettes. I would like to try it out myself and hopefully, the next day I won't have a tight chest and much coughing. Has anybody on here tried them? I understand a decent 'set-up' will cost you as much as £50. I'm looking for advice on what to purchase and the cost and cost of re-filling etc. Thank you.
  • Habbakuk
    Options
    I'm not getting much of a response on here. :-(
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    I use e-cigs and have not had a real cig for over a year now.I am a member of a site called AAEC,(all about electronic cigarettes.You will find all the info you need including what to buy and where to buy.It will not cost you £50 for a starter kit,you can buy a decent battery and tank for about £9.If you need any more info i will be pleased to help you start up.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2013 at 1:14PM
    Options
    Habbakuk wrote: »
    I'm not getting much of a response on here. :-(

Have a look at the established e-cig thread - lots of activity/info. :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1243625&highlight=electronic+cigarette

You will also find that the spamming jokers are kept in check better.

And it is well worth the change IMO - I've cut my tobacco consumption to a fraction of previous levels and kept it there for several years.

And your chest weill feel much better for it after a few weeks but when changing from tobacco to vapour, you may find it a little spluttery for a short time as your throat gets used to the vapour instead of smoke.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure