Tesco 24 hour plug in timer £5 each or two for £4

Just been to my local Tesco to buy a timer for christmas tree lights and had to read the sign a couple of times to make sure I was reading it correctly, it stated £5 each or 2 for £4!!! Asked a member of staff if it was correct and she agreed that's exactly what it states.

Came up at £10 at the tills so I queried and they confirmed it should have been £4 so manually changed it.

I've looked online to see if I can see the product to include a link but can't find it so don't know if they are just selling off what stock they have instore, but still a good bargain if you're store's got them! :j

Comments

• MilkyJoe
    MilkyJoe Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Missed out on a good DtD there...
    The View Belongs To Everyone
  • You should have gone to customer service if it was wrongly priced and you would have got double the difference...ie £12 back
  • perdue
    perdue Posts: 31 Forumite
    pinkytots wrote: »
    Just been to my local Tesco to buy a timer for christmas tree lights and had to read the sign a couple of times to make sure I was reading it correctly, it stated £5 each or 2 for £4!!! Asked a member of staff if it was correct and she agreed that's exactly what it states.

Came up at £10 at the tills so I queried and they confirmed it should have been £4 so manually changed it.

I've looked online to see if I can see the product to include a link but can't find it so don't know if they are just selling off what stock they have instore, but still a good bargain if you're store's got them! :j

It is correct as I bought a couple today too, but they did take the money off, it was down under the multibuy savings as xmas accessories 2 for £4 and then it took the £6 off, a very bizzare listing for it though, but I know I didn't buy anything else so that was it.
  • make sure you read all the safety instructions.

I remember a 'Homes from Hell' programme, home owners were on hols watching tv news whcih was showing a house on fire in UK, they realised it was theirs. Turned out it was down to the electric timers they were using for their lamps, they overheated form being on to long!
    No longer posting on freebies or comps
  • MilkyJoe wrote: »
    Missed out on a good DtD there...

I know, I realised as I was saying it! Was distracted by talking to another shopper and when I saw the £10 come up it just came out of my mouth, and I kept thinking dammit, should have waited!
  • No such deal deal in my local. :(
    Online earnings (since 11/6/13): £0 :(
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    B&Q have these for a pound.
    poppy10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing