PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• I still have not managed a NSD. I am planning to have one tomorrow, if it kills me!
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • Morning All :wave:

Thank goodness the snow has cleared round here, although it wasn't too bad tbh. Hope everywhere else clears soon :)

I'm having a big MrT delivery tomorrow, tried to get it for today but no slots available :(. So have just had a quick jaunt around MrM's on the way back from dropping DD off at nursery to get some F&V, eggs, yeast, juice and bread spending £7.56.

MrT's guide price is £70.90 but should come in around £60 with the deals taken into account. This will take me over half way budget wise but the order contains "big items" like wasking and dishwasher powder, loo rolls, nescafe coffee (DH won't debrand :mad: ) etc, stuff that I won't have to buy for the next month.

I've meal planned for next week so I'm hoping to be on track for the rest of the month by the time I have to shop next weekend.
  • Had my order from MrS last night so have updated sig spent £65.51 :eek: so this takes me to over half my budget for the month - I do have visitors this weekend and ds's birthday party tomorrow so my shop has covered pizzas and stuff for the party and his cake which was £8.99....they didn't send the loo roll I ordered which was on offer (16 rolls for 12) so I sent back the pack they did send (16 rolls still of the same make for £1.60 more....no sireee) so I will have to get that by the end of the month, but I have probably enough in for a week or so...

I got a good deal on ds's drinks for his lunches, MrS are doing the 10 packs of capri sun for £2.25 bogof so 4 weeks worth of drinks sorted for £2.25 :j ...I can send him squash, but he loves to take a 'proper drink' so I try to do it for him....
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    nescafe coffee (DH won't debrand :mad: )
    Have you tried keeping a Nescafe jar, hiding an 'own label', and decanting when he declares he's run out ;) Worked a treat on tomato ketchup with my kids when they were little :rolleyes2
    Cheryl
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Hi all.

neck still not right so couldnt get to FFoods for the milk at £1.

So went corner shop today and spent 95p on milk2pints and 39p x 2 on cereal bars.

Yesterday spent about £3.50 on dinner.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I haven't been out of the house this week so far, but my dsis bought me some fresh veg, milk, bread and other bits on Wednesday, haven't had the receipt yet but I suspect about £8.

Its been snowing all night and still snowing now, no deliveries getting through to the local coop of course, so they're running out of all sorts, already out of milk and bread. I'm so grateful for my store cupboard :j
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Janeryan
    Janeryan Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Haven't been around for a while but need o get back into the MS ways so am setting my Feb budget for £200.00.

Have just calculated that I have spent £41.81 on food and £32.00 of the allocated budget on a night out for DH so that leaves £126.19 for the rest of the month.
    Jan 2012 grocery spend £19.20
    2012 total budget is ????
  • jtb2412
    jtb2412 Posts: 1,782 Forumite
    Hi all, hope everyone is staying safe in the snow ! None here today (kids NOT happy lol)

Have updated spending for GC this month. I've nearly spent my allowance already however I should only need to buy milk, bread and fruit to see me through so hopefully will come in under budget.

Had roast dinner last night with a chicken (£2.50) and have just about enough left to do a chicken and mushroom pie tonight for tea so £1.25 per meal for 5 = 25p each :T Now if only I could do that all the time :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Take care everyone and have a good weekend - enjoy the snow but stay safe !! :beer:
    :jWeight loss to date 1st 11.5lb :j
  • Popped into MrT last night and had to get some bread, juice, Washing powder and some crisps, spent £4.30 so still really under budget for this month. Realised when I got home I need spread so will have to grab some today. Away tomorrow for the night so shouldnt need to go for grocery bits for the next couple of days.
    MAY NSD's

• Have put my ordered my online order in for tomorrow evening. Estimated at £53. Not much meat as I have enough for about 10 days in the freezers.

If I make egg mayo for lunch today, how long will it keep? Can I use it tomorrow for lunch too?

Laura
    Mummy to DS May 08 and DD Oct 09
    Started joint IVA in Nov 09 - 13 payments down 47 to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure