DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 7

Comments

• SHELLSHOCK
    SHELLSHOCK Posts: 75 Forumite
    Hi everyone and welcome to the newbies!

I haven't been on for a few weeks as our laptop died :mad: luckily we now have a new one (well second hand) and it's actually better than the original one. Even better still I sold things on ebay BEFORE I bought it so I didn't have to take money from our weekly budgets! A big step forward from a few months ago when we would have just bought it on credit.....feeling quite proud of ourselves :j

Our first payment to CCCS comes out today and I have to say that although the last month has been very stressful and have involved hundreds of letters, running around organising everything it is now finally starting to calm down (or am I speaking too soon??).

LloydsTSB are being a pain and haven't accepted payments for our overdrafts and Barclaycard have accepted the payment, stopped the interest (woop woop!!) BUT they want two payments up front and they want all payments made on the 1st of the month???? Did they not read the paperwork sent by CCCS!

Sometimes it feels like its one step forward and two back but at least we feel like we are doing something and we know exactly how much money we have left each month.

Hope everyone else is getting on okay.
    Shellshock :eek: or Nik now the shock has subsided!!
    DMP March 11 :o
    Savings account opened Jan 11 £10 :)
    £1 coin savings tin - £22 :)
    Total Debt [STRIKE]Jan £31,519.87[/STRIKE]!!!:( March [STRIKE]£30,879[/STRIKE] April £30,202DMP Member 402
  • stelly
    stelly Posts: 402 Forumite
    They may want to see the 'state' of your account. Try not to worry if RBS say no there will be others that say yes. Have to say I've been very pleased with the Coop.

Good luck

HHx

I have a brand new shiny account with no debt attached and no overdraft :j:j.

It will be so nice to see money in my account without the minus before it.

The guy at RBS was lovely. He didn't even ask to see the statement from Lloyds. There was no pressure to take any "products" from them and he's calling later on this week to see if they can get me a better deal on my house insurance (ours is quite high as we have a non traditional built house).

Such a small step but it's made me feel quite happy.

Do I now transfer all DD's over to RBS except the unsecured debt?

Stelly xx
    "Opportunity only knocks once.
    It doesnt knock, knock again, then leave a note asking you to give it a call back when you've got your s*** together".
    John Connolly
  • Hales82 wrote: »
    Well, this is a momentous day for me today.... my direct debit for our first payment to the CCCS left my account this morning :j

Here's to a debt free future :beer:

I'll join you Hales, today is our first payment too :beer: xx
    2024 Mortgage-free wannabe #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £305.67/ 206.88 (ytd £638.67)
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance Jan 1st 2024 £99224.13 Feb 1st £98,833.72 Mar 1st £98,928.18
    Apr 1st £97,646.20
    Emergency fund £1260/ 1500 84%
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500 -OOPS
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    stelly wrote: »

The guy at RBS was lovely. He didn't even ask to see the statement from Lloyds. There was no pressure to take any "products" from them and he's calling later on this week to see if they can get me a better deal on my house insurance (ours is quite high as we have a non traditional built house).

Stelly xx

Yeah just go through each DD, make sure you know what each one is, and get it transferred over.

So Council Tax, Utilities, Mobile Phones etc.
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • suze72
    suze72 Posts: 209 Forumite
    stelly wrote: »

Stelly xx

Hi Stelly thats great :T

I would start transferring your DDs asap as some say they need a certain amount of time before the next payment is due to set up etc.

The DDs for the unsecured debt that is going onto your DMP need to be cancelled if you havent already done so.

I now have 17 payments to go before my DFD, however this could be brought forward even more as I may be picking up some more work which would mean I could double my DMP payments and get it paid before xmas :D so fingers crossed.

Suze
    Debt free Olympic Contender # 134
    DMP Mutual Support Thread member # 250
    DMP March 2010 [STRIKE]£9786 [/STRIKE] now £990 :)
  • ianmak wrote: »
    Because a Debt Management Plan is a way for you to pay off your debts fairly, and for you to show willing. Paying the token amounts for two months (of £1) is likely to force a default anyway. What you say makes sense in theory, but defaulting on payments and trying to force your creditor to sell your debt, isn't really ethical, and more likely to get you a lovely visit to court.

Hi Ian

I was advised by CCCS and Debtline to ask one of the preditors to pass my debt onto a DCA!

HHx
  • Happy DMP day to all the all the March starters. MAy it spring forward into a happy and brighter future

HHx
  • antk4
    antk4 Posts: 125 Forumite
    our first payment has gone too:j Even better our statement from halifax shows interest as 0%. No official word yet though. Only 3 more to go.
  • antk4 wrote: »
    our first payment has gone too:j Even better our statement from halifax shows interest as 0%. No official word yet though. Only 3 more to go.

What!? Someone got good news from the Halifax? Stone the crows!

Seriously, very best wishes to all who started on their DMP's today.:T

You won't look back!

ttf
    :j:hello::hello::jDMP mutual support thread member 348
  • Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting on here - I have taken courage from all your posts and have just filled out the paperwork for the CCCS DMP.... here goes nothing! £23,900 to go, fingers crossed.

Hales82 - love your blog! Am also a mummy (of 1 daughter aged 2) and work full-time and reading it makes me feel I am not alone! So thanks.

Also, I was just wondering if anyone has tried to reclaim PPI from a creditor while being on DMP? I have an Egg loan which I have worked out is approx £2,500 in PPI alone - over 10% of my total debt. Not really sure what to do, whether to try and reclaim whilst on DMP - any ideas?

Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport