The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• lauraw82
    lauraw82 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vesper, I'm so sorry to hear your news, sending you my love and thoughts xxx

Your post hit a nerve with me, this is my biggest fear regarding my infertility, I'm sure a lot of us here are the same. OH told me not to be so daft when I confided this to him, I just truely hope he's right.

Well I've had an 'interesting' few weeks. We had our egg collection on October 5th. They got 19(!) eggs, 12 fertilised, 6 went in the freezer at day 2 but unfortunately the other 6 didn't make it to blasto stage.

I found my egg collection pretty hard, probably due to the large number of follicles I had, all due to my pcos. I had already been told that everything would be frozen as I was at a really high risk of OHSS. Their crystal ball must have been working as one week later I wound up in my local hospital for 3 days with a massively swollen tummy, dehydration and reduced kidney function �� After 3 days of IV fluids I was allowed to go home, and only today am I finally feeling myself again, nearly 4 weeks later!!

So the plan now is to spend a few weeks recovering and relaxing, and then look to do a frozen transfer after Christmas. And keep everything crossed that one of my Frostie babies sticks as I really don't fancy another full cycle any time soon!

Apologies for the rambling, it's been a heck of a journey I wouldn't wish on anybody! Hugs to you all xx
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    Ah Laura, so glad to see you are feeling better... you have really been through the mill.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world for the next step xxx
    :rotfl:
  • lauraw82
    lauraw82 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Ellesbelles, have you had yours scan yet? This whole process has turned my brain to mush!!
  • Lily_Rose
    Options
    Hi all, I've been stalking this thread for quite some time and lovely to see many happy endings. I wondered if you lovely ladies could help me?

Me (29) and hubby (31) have been ttc for 21 months now, our tests (sperm, bloods, ultrasound) were normal, so we were advised that we have unexplained fertility.

Last month I had my first hsg test ( 14/11), my last af was 03/11, normally lasts about 5 days and I have between 26-28 day cycle. Af was due on 28/11 but still no sign, the longest cycle I've ever had was 31 days. I've tested loads but had many bfn ��. Currently on cd37, if af doesn't come this month (due xmas day!) thinking of making appt with docs.

Has anyone had a delayed/messed up af after hsg?

Shall be grateful for your views! Thanks in advance ��
  • chocoholic_chick
    Options
    Afternoon ladies.

Thought I'd pop in with another update, I went ahead with another FET which was sadly also negative. We have one blast left, so looking to do another FET early next year. Next time they're going to do an endo scratch as in their words they can't understand why it's not working as I'm an excellent responder apparently. They took bloods a few weeks ago to make sure there was no underlying health conditions causing things not to work, but they all came back fine. Really hoping the next one takes, not relishing the thought of having to start the whole process again after what happened last time.

I think we're now in our 5th year of TTC, it really feels like it's just not going to happen for us, and the older I get the harder it is, I feel like the social outcast now, everyone I know has children, and because we don't people assume we wouldn't want invites to "family" things as we don't have kids. It's so hard :(
    New House... New Mortgage! February 2017: £144,000 :eek:
    Current Mortgage Balance: £96,440.99
    2017 OP's:£5,935 2018 OP's: £11,956.00 2019 OP's: £11,988 2020 OP's: £1,998
    Total Debt[STRIKE] £29,209[/STRIKE] £0 :j:j:j Debt free 6/8/16
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think we're now in our 5th year of TTC, it really feels like it's just not going to happen for us, and the older I get the harder it is, I feel like the social outcast now, everyone I know has children, and because we don't people assume we wouldn't want invites to "family" things as we don't have kids. It's so hard :(

Hey choc,

Just delurking to offer hugs and empathy. We're in our sixth year and all our friends now have kids. It's really hard with those friends now as our lives just have so little in common. We've gradually made new friends who don't have kids but I miss old friends who know me well.

I've been struggling lately as someone at work is pregnant and I'm struggling with being in the office with them - it's a constant reminder. At the same time, I hate that I've become this gloomy, bitter person who's resentful in any way! It's all such a mindf***.

It is so hard. The impact is greater than I ever could have imagined. I don't have any helpful advice right now but I just wanted to say that I understand. This journey can feel so lonely, but you're not alone.

x
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    delurking to say ellesbelles happy to hear your news and I hope your scan goes well.

Hugs to vesper, I remember you from a few years ago..really hope things look up for you soon.

If anyone is going through a cycle soon using menopur or orgalutron please message me.
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic. ;)

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: [STRIKE]£680[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£480[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£560[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£13[/STRIKE] £0 overdraft :D
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 :D 2nd £1053.38/£1000 :D 3rd £863.59/£1000 :o
    :j
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all. Just delurking to say I had my baby boy on the 16th October. He is beautiful and came a few weeks earlier than expected. Had to have an emergency c section due to his heart rate going low during contractions. Was a blessing in disguise as he was smaller than the scans showed so he may not of survived a natural labour. He was 3lbs 12ozs. We're all doing well now.

Thanks again for all your support.

Love and good luck to u all. Xxx

Will go back to lurking.
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations ellesbelles. Xxx

So sorry to hear that Vesper. X
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    Congratulations skaps!!!! Hope you are snuggled up together :) enjoy this special time xxxxx
    :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure