IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Have I appealed to soon

My wife is seriously ill in a mental hospital and the parking company issued me a ticket earlier this evening (19:42) as I was not displaying a permit. I was not able to obtain a ticket as there was no one in the reception so parked and went to the secure ward. Note: There are no Pay and Display machines.
In my rage as to the lack of compassion from "ethical parking management" I filed an appeal on their website as soon as I could when I got home. The crux of my appeal being lack of an operative to issue a permit and prior evidence of my compliance with their permit regime (typically during office hours).

Viewing the excellent advice on this forum I am now concerned I may have been too hasty in appealing. Added to which I have owned up to being the keeper of the vehicle which I now regret.

What is my best approach from here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    bad move but act in haste and repent at leisure

whats done is done , await their reply and remember that the landowner is responsible and so it may be their fault and not the PPC (depends who you register with on the site)

so now its wait and see

ps:- sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles, its bad enough with those without this as well , my sympathies go with you
  • Thank you. How a company can call themselves ethical when they have no compassion is beyond me. Will await there response.
  • Redx
    Forumite
    we agree , they are mainly par@sites and have no function on hospital sites and should be barred from those sites

but up to now the government has done nothing about them , despite a public consultation almost 2 years ago
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,979
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Contact PALS at the hospital and see if they can get it cancelled, that is disgraceful.
  • Good shout had not considered PALS, will contact them tomorrow.

Thanks.
  • Redx
    Forumite
    good idea about contacting PALS

here are the guidlines issued by Jeremy Hunt`s dept 2.5 years ago to assist you

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

I suspect they didnt have enough staff on duty etc and so its the fault of the trust themselves , so they should cancel it seeing as there was nobody there to issue a permit and your wife is a long term patient there
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kcking43 wrote: »

Added to which I have owned up to being the keeper of the vehicle which I now regret.

No harm done in admitting being the keeper, but did u also let it slip who the driver was ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,615
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It is only dumb old Ethical though. Ex-clampers, not very bright by all accounts.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sadly I suspect I did admit I was both driver and keeper. Why is that specifically a problem?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    Forumite
    kcking43 wrote: »
    Sadly I suspect I did admit I was both driver and keeper. Why is that specifically a problem?

If the driver isn't identified the PPC has the right to pursue the keeper IF they comply fully with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

The vast majority of PPCs, even after 4 years of the Act being in place, can't get their paperwork lined up with PoFA requirements. In which case they can't hold the keeper liable and they don't know who the driver was. A bit of a problem for them!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport