How long to approve DRO ?

Hi

StepChange put my Debt Relief Order through whilst I was on the phone last Thursday 23rd February about 11am - 12 Noon. I have checked the Insolvency Website and I am not listed on there.

I did try Friday Saturday and half day Sunday but the website was down. I am kind of worried as most people have heard about their result within 24 hours.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thank You

Comments

• I'm sure your post will be moved to the DRO board soon, in the meantime here is a very recent partial qoute from 'fatbelly', he's an expert on all things DRO and more...
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Hi

This has almost certainly been done on the 'new' system, which seems to have more of a delay to it than the old one, at least at present.

So don't be concerned if you hear nothing for 3, 4 or 5 days.
  • Hiya,

Did your DRO get approved , and how long did it take to come up on the insolvency website? I am in the same position, and worrying / constantly checking !!

Thanks x
  • Sam090884
    Sam090884 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Don't know if this helps mine was submitted on Monday got a phone call from the CAB DRO unit who was sorting it for me and said it was approved this afternoon
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You are usually informed in writing within 48 hours of your application been submitted.

According to Fatbelly these timescales have been stretched somewhat of late due to a new procedure they have, so allow a little extra time.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks for or your help. Mine was also submitted Monday, so will hopefully hear soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure