Fun & Games - PIP

Just had a letter from the DWP telling me that my DLA award is now suspended because I have not returned the PIP2.
The form was sent to them on the 9th Feb - it was due back by the 12th. I paid £7.20 for Special Delivery as well and have a printed copy of when and who signed for it at 5.32am on the 10th Feb
Anyhow just put the phone down on them and they say that the form is not in their office.
My DLA will remain suspended until such time as the form is returned by the 12th March.

Should I just hold fire and wait and see what happens? I don't have a form to fill in nor do I have the evidence that went with the original form?

I'm sure that they are trying to make my life hell but I wont let them. Quite honestly I don't particularly care if I get the award or if they refuse to reinstate my DLA - I'll drop in a claim for Attendance Allowance instead.

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    For anyone else who gets into this position rule 1 is to make a copy of any form you send off - and the evidence.

In your situation I'd be on their case with the information re signature of receipt.

No-one's trying to make your life hell - these things happen in all offices.
  • The DWP once advised me NEVER to use special delivery but just to get a proof of postage (which is free btw)
  • Second chance to do the form properly??

Just ask for another one to be sent out.

Should be easy enough to get copies of supporting evidence from GP etc. Everything will be kept on file.

Tom
  • venison wrote: »
    The DWP once advised me NEVER to use special delivery but just to get a proof of postage (which is free btw)

There are many people on these forums that say the opposite - always use Special Delivery.

I got caught one with the DWP years ago when I just used to get a 'proof of posting'

They said at the time that it wasn't proof of delivery, so I should take it up with the post office as it is lost mail by them.
    That was back in 2004 when the 'letter' was a formal appeal notice against a bad DWP decision. By the time I got round to doing a new one and sending it by recorded delivery this time I was out of the 30 day appeal time. They wouldn't accept a late appeal as the excuse I I gave - 'well it's not my fault that the post office lose mail is it?' was not acceptable.
    That exercise lost me quite a bit of money.
  • Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Second chance to do the form properly??

Just ask for another one to be sent out.

Should be easy enough to get copies of supporting evidence from GP etc. Everything will be kept on file.

Tom

Good idea, I will send them a letter tonight requesting a new form.
    Evidence, not really, what I had came from many NHS sources and up and down the country. Don't fancy having to write to all of them asking for a copy, some of which are 4/5 pages long and go back to 2011. But I will have a scout round to see if there is more evidence in my boxes from other places that I could use.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I would get back on to them and send in a copy of who signed for it and when, ask them to check with that person what they have done with it.

Post/deliveries go missing all the time in my workplace the above normally sorts it out.

I don't know anything about these forms but you don't want to damage your claim when you fill the second one out if you answer different to the first one. I doubt if the first one turned up they would bother to cross reference but you never know.
  • I would get back on to them and send in a copy of who signed for it and when, ask them to check with that person what they have done with it.

Post/deliveries go missing all the time in my workplace the above normally sorts it out.

I don't know anything about these forms but you don't want to damage your claim when you fill the second one out if you answer different to the first one. I doubt if the first one turned up they would bother to cross reference but you never know.
    Good point, I didn't think of that.

Ok letter off tomorrow enclosing the signed for sheet. It was signed at 5.32am by somebody called 'Turner'. I didn't know that the DWP started so early.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    A few points to remember here.
    1...Never send anything to DWP "special delivery" just because it's been signed for doesn't mean it's arrived at the correct department! Until it's arrived at the correct department it's classed as not being there. Proof of posting is enough. 3 days to arrive at the correct department isn't enough. I read very recently that "special delivery" can take longer. If i can find this link i'll post it later.
    2.. always send copies not originals of anything you send them. This way you have a copy for yourself if things like this happen.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I would question who signed at such an early hour (well before offices open), as it's likely to be a security person who forgot to pass it on...or the postman forging a signature, to save himself the hassle of returning .
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I would question who signed at such an early hour (well before offices open), as it's likely to be a security person who forgot to pass it on...or the postman forging a signature, to save himself the hassle of returning .
    Exactly, it probably wasn't even someone from DWP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure