The Giving up/ Cutting down Alcohol support thread- number 10

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T:T:Tfor your holiday Shaggy and good luck with the diet!;)

Lots of sensible drinking going on recently. Sorry to hear about your lapse rachel, but it's in the past now (as I hope is your hangover). Onwards and upwards!!

Usual 10 for me for April please Shaggy, you are such a star keeping score for us. Thank you so much:A
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Whoops! I meant AFD 25 yesterday and put 26 by accident - anyway I'm AF tonight making it AFD 26 today - no need to change it tomorrow Shaggy

April Target Free please
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • mackeroo
    mackeroo Posts: 806 Forumite
    23 AF days please Shaggy incl tonite and whoo hoo to booking holidays :cool2: .....as maman says you will lost weight and by the time you go on hols you will be a shadow of your former self!
    We went out for a lovely seafood lunch on sat and i really fancied a glass of savigioun blanc and managed to resist but had a glass of vino last night, at least i stopped at the one :T
    It’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts
  • :cool:22 for me, please, Shaggy, thanks. And again, thank you so much for continuing to do the scoring - you are brill! ;)

Target for April: 23 AFDs

Hope everybody is OK. Nice to hear from MollyP again - hope little one is doing well! :j

Have a pleasant evening, everybody.
    Jan: 24/23 Feb: 21/22 March: 24/25
  • mrsrainman
    mrsrainman Posts: 304 Forumite
    6.10pm - I get home from work and am faced with glazed eyes and slurring words

6.45pm - I loose my temper :mad:

6.50pm - Following a rant to justify why he's drunk 2 bottles wine he stomps off to bed.

Not been seen since. Guess the dinner will go in the bin

Sorry for the negative post, just need to vent!!

xx

P.S. Well done to all the AFD's. Keep up the good work :T
    Halifax CC - £6725.99 ;Tesco CC - [STRIKE]£582.49 [/STRIKE] Transferred to MBNA
    MBNA CC - £1944.41
    Xmas Saving Card £33.50
    Holiday Spending Money £180
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of
  • darwins_mum
    darwins_mum Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, not posted for a few days, didn't realise that the thread had moved. Just had a read through some of the posts, great source of inspiration.
    Mrsrainman, feel free to rant - we all do at some stage. It is an eyeopener seeing it from the perspective of someone who doesn't drink. My ex used to match me drink for drink, if one was drunk, so was the other. I don't think I could cope with a partner who drank while I stayed sober. I also know that I wont be getting into another relationship with a big boozer (nor smoker for that matter).
    1 further AFD tonight - the first in over a week.
    Target for April is 15. I have a few social events to attend, but will drive to them. Will aim to limit the time that I spend alone in the house as this is when I tend to consume the most.
    Lets all keep enjoying the sunshine while it lasts

DM
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task
    Crazy Clothing Challenge 2015 £48.58/£200 :eek:
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have finally had another AFD so I have totally failed in hitting my target. But will start over again. Shaggy, I'll go for 20. In April And will try harder this time
    Trying to keep in budget.

• bearacus
    bearacus Posts: 824 Forumite
    hey everyone,

1 more AF for me please Shaggy

bearacus x

NW-£0 Cap one-£76 HSBC small-£359.51 (0% Aug16) HSBC car- £3511.46 (0%Oct17) HX car/baby- £2731.57 (0%Nov16) HX -£1198.66 (0% Jul16) Argos- £50(BNPLMay)
    Credit card debt-£7877.20 (4/3/16)
    Car Loan - £21,777 - Now - £12,383.36 Mortgage- £154,315.77
    LLoyds loan- paid 28/1/11 LLoyds O/D paid 9/9/10
    New LBM- £ 28/2/2016
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mrsrainman wrote: »
    6.10pm - I get home from work and am faced with glazed eyes and slurring words

6.45pm - I loose my temper :mad:

6.50pm - Following a rant to justify why he's drunk 2 bottles wine he stomps off to bed.

Not been seen since. Guess the dinner will go in the bin

Sorry for the negative post, just need to vent!!

xx

P.S. Well done to all the AFD's. Keep up the good work :T

please feel free to vent and rant away ....
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Rant all you like MrsR and I'm sending you this:grouphug: Has your Oh always been like this or is it more recent?

I've managed another AF tonight, so that makes

12AF for March please Shaggy

I'll be awol tomorrow, having a day/night out with my friend but will definitely be back Wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure