The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Comments

• Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Jo - sending you calm vibes

Budgies news set me off yesterday and Shaggy's rainbow bridge picture did it again today.

I have decided to rehome my piggies. I keep going back into their room to look at them and thinking if I am doing the right thing but then I am not at the moment exactly looking after them as well as I should. I need to contact this lovely rat lady who can probably find them a suitable home. See - now I am setting myself off.

Anyway, busy day here I really need to: take DD to Mr T to get her some school clothes and other clothes, hopefully I have enough left from the vouchers to get something for me as well. School shoe shopping to do as well, get washing up to date and yes piggies do need a good mucking out and so does the kitchen. How does it go? Better get shufty on...

ETA: August was first month in a year when I didn't take part to the challenge and had a slip up so Shaggy (thanks for scoring for September) could I go for the full monty please.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

• Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Right

2 loads of washing done, Stew on the go and Sky are coming in 5 mins to fit my HD :D

Oh what a glorious morning....Oh what a glorious day :)

Oh I came over all Howard Keel ( I think it was him...Too young to remember ;) )

yup, that was him...... :rotfl: :rotfl: oh... hang on.... :(

jo1972 wrote: »
    Oh god he's decided to work in my office with me today....

and he does that awful thing with the mouse where he has to lift it up after every click and bash it down on the desk....that's what the ball thingy is for so you glide it.....ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

tappety-tap-tap-tap....... ;):p

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2010 at 11:40AM
    Lurkio wrote: »

tappety-tap-tap-tap....... ;):p

Oh Jesus Christ, he types with 1 finger and it has just become clear why he is already on keyboard 2 and he's only been here since easter!

He also talks to himself under his breath and shouts 'yesssss!!' every time something goes right on the computer :undecided
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Miss_Piggy_2
    Miss_Piggy_2 Posts: 3,631 Forumite
    Jo - be calm, be calm..........:rotfl::rotfl:

Shoppy....recipe for Nasi Goreng (my version;))....drive to Lidls, buy big bag of frozen Nasi Goreng mix....cook as instructed. Lob in couple of prawns and chuck some omelette strips on top!:D

Haven't got that for tea now. Was halfway to Lidls when realised didn't have a pound coin for trolley, or any cash I could get changed either....so diverted to Mr T's instead!:rotfl: Spent FAR too much money and just had almighty wrestle with freezer contents to get everything in!

Lurks....are you mad!? I looked up Shredding a little while ago and it made me feel knackered just reading about it! Gonna stick to my exercise bike instead!:rotfl:Am so tempted to go and join the Gym round the corner...only £16.99 a month but theres a £30 joining fee and I just don't have that at the moment. Will have to wait. :(

Anyways, off to clean up as Dad rang to say he's popping in lunchtime....don't want him to think his daughters a complete slob!:rotfl:

Miss P
    xx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • jo1972
    Miss_Piggy wrote: »
    Shoppy....recipe for Nasi Goreng (my version;))....drive to Lidls, buy big bag of frozen Nasi Goreng mix....cook as instructed. Lob in couple of prawns and chuck some omelette strips on top!:D

Miss P, you can buy this:

115450.jpg?ts=633851529780

in most Mr Ts and Mr Ss and the only other 'special' thing you need other than the normal ingredients is some kecap manis:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnJMDi1KzHK4QIsjv5H3OSgtJgfM4uvyyxUp6sCDSflqxvvU0&t=1&usg=__3QcCEcUBOAKHdXR5yQWAPNtQePo=

which you only need a little of and lasts for ages.

I'm defo having it tonight!!
  • jo1972
    If he says cherr-ching one more time I shall swing for him, even if he is the Headteacher!
  • jo1972 wrote: »
    If he says cherr-ching one more time I shall swing for him, even if he is the Headteacher!

Bee tankfulll yew dont werk with mee Joe as i wood drive yew even muddier.
    Living Sober.

Some methods A.A. members have used for not drinking.

"A simple book for complicated people"
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2010 at 1:00PM
    hey chaps quick toot in at lunchtime
    (waves up to you all)

Huge hugs to budgie xxxxxx our thoughts are with you and the family. xxxxxx Here's something for your heart to hold on to. xx

Declaring (and I can't quite believe I'm saying this but....) declaring 28 AFdays for August.

Been on tablets for most of the month, so its imposed AF-ness rather than any genuine will-power - but drinking has been an aboslute no no. Skins not any perkier yet and I'm still feeling like a sleeping monster................early day's yet though.

Dare I ask who's scoring in Sept ETA thanks SHAGGY can I be TARGET FREE PLEASE :) - I'm out of action for scoring until Jan I'm afraid - but I'll happily volunteer early next year.

Hugs chaps - welcome to newbies - between the wine, head battles, snacking and will I drink/won't I drink - stuff - we're all in a pretty similar place xxxxx
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Miss_Piggy_2
    Miss_Piggy_2 Posts: 3,631 Forumite
    Jo...you think YOU'RE having a crap day???

My boiler just spewed water all over the sodding kitchen, and whilst cleaning it up I kicked the exercise bike and think I've broken my toes!!!:( I screamed words Piglet has never heard before, think he thought I'd gone mental!

Oh and british gas can't come out till Thursday. ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!:mad:
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,184 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi All

Just popping in to say I will be AF tonight which will give me a monthly score of 20 AFD. Thank you DB.

Very cross with myself for letting all my hard work go to waste over the weekend....So Have decided to say 28 days AF for September.

Thanks Shaggy for scoring:T.

Sorry to see folks are not having a good day (Jo, Miss P, Budgie et al).

Will post properly tonight as in the office at the moment.

love to all

NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure