Can't cancel sky as it's in ex's name 😈

Options
13»

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    simply deny the operative permission to call.

^ This. I always get asked if they can call me when I use chat and always decline. Have never had a issue doing this in the past and they have never asked why.
  • stockton_2
    stockton_2 Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    ^ This. I always get asked if they can call me when I use chat and always decline. Have never had a issue doing this in the past and they have never asked why.

At the time I had cancelled, in the hope that they would come back to me with a good deal, as I was back to paying full price, so was not too bothered when he asked to phone me. It became apparent that the reason for calling was so he could adopt a more personal and "matey" approach. Waste of time in the end because he did not make me a decent offer and cancelled. A few days later they got back to me and I was given the deal that I wanted.

But you are quite right. It would have been easy to have said no to the phone call and if I was the op I would not hesitate to do so. But, as they say, fore-warned is fore-armed. Better to have a good ready excuse than to be taken by surprise and be flustered. :)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A shame the OP hasnt come back to update us ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure