Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    The T&C's on the account say 'if the offer is pulled before the switch is initiated you will not qualify for the £250'
    I opened my account on monday but could not do the switch because i needed the online code first to complete the application i was told.
    So the account was opened today and switch initiated, so its really annoying if i mised out after being told i will qualify.
    :T
  • nadnerb_2
    nadnerb_2 Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Damn, I applied in the evening of the 30th but it said they needed to defer my application and someone would look over it soon.

9:49am on 31st they emailed saying it was successful and I completed the application including the switch details.

I guess since this was after 9:30 on 31st then I won't be getting the switch bonus? (I've got no mention of it in any emails and no letters have shown up yet)

If I'm not getting the bonus, can I cancel the whole thing and not switch? Then I can switch my old account to somewhere else when another deal comes along.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    nadnerb wrote: »
    Damn, I applied in the evening of the 30th but it said they needed to defer my application and someone would look over it soon.

9:49am on 31st they emailed saying it was successful and I completed the application including the switch details.

I guess since this was after 9:30 on 31st then I won't be getting the switch bonus? (I've got no mention of it in any emails and no letters have shown up yet)

If I'm not getting the bonus, can I cancel the whole thing and not switch? Then I can switch my old account to somewhere else when another deal comes along.

Phone them and ask whether you are getting the £250 bonus.
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 November 2017 at 12:25AM
    I opened the account last week but had not set up the switch yet, intending to go into a Santander branch on Saturday, my only opportunity to get into town, to convert my current account to a 123 Lite for the qualifying direct debits, keeping the existing debit card and account number, and open a new Everyday account for the other direct debits, then using that account for the switch.

As I've evidently missed out on the £250 incentive through my own stupid dallying, I'll try to use this new Yorkshire account to switch for an albeit lower incentive from a different bank.

ETS I also wonder whether it's better to just cancel this new account, or is the 14 day cooling off period only applicable to overdrafts (I didn't ask for one)?
  • Imvrasos
    Imvrasos Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    I opened the account last week but had not set up the switch yet, intending to go into a Santander branch on Saturday, my only opportunity to get into town, to convert my current account to a 123 Lite for the qualifying direct debits, keeping the existing debit card and account number, and open a new Everyday account for the other direct debits, then using that account for the switch.

As I've evidently missed out on the £250 incentive through my own stupid dallying, I'll try to use this new Yorkshire account to switch for an albeit lower incentive from a different bank.

ETS I also wonder whether it's better to just cancel this new account, or is the 14 day cooling off period only applicable to overdrafts (I didn't ask for one)?

I opened a B account on the 24th, and started the switch only yesterday. Two different people on the phone, one of them part of switching team, advised that accounts opened before the offer termination, are still eligible, if the switch is completed before 17 November.
  • Mchambers wrote: »
    Phone them and ask whether you are getting the £250 bonus.

Well, I called up and was told it was pulled on 31st at 9.30am
    He looked at my account and said provided I meet the requirements (I assume £1k & DD etc) I WOULD receive the bonus because I started the application on the 30th.

That kinda goes against what others have said where you have to initiate switch before 9.30am on 31st.

My timeline is like this
    • Started application at ~8-9pm on 30th but said ti was deferred until someone could check it (didn't get any emails so not sure of time exactly)
    • Received email saying my application was approved at 9:49am on 31st
    • Completed application and switch details
    • Email received at 10:00am on 31st saying I had successfully opened the account and got sort code etc.
    • At 10:24am on 31st I received an email saying I had started the switch

I suppose I may as well set up the DD and transfer some cash and see what happens. :think:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    badger09 wrote: »
    It seems perfectly clear to me.

Both DDs have to pay out within 62 days of the switch date.

It doesn't matter whether either or both are set up on the old account and so are included in the switch, or set up after the switch as long as they pay out within 62 days of the switch date:cool:
    ToTo_Man wrote: »
    But what about my 3rd scenario of the DDs being set up on the new account but before the date of the switch?

One more time:

It doesn't matter when they were set up as long as they pay out within 62 days of the switch.

I really don't know how else to say this.
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Imvrasos wrote: »
    I opened a B account on the 24th, and started the switch only yesterday. Two different people on the phone, one of them part of switching team, advised that accounts opened before the offer termination, are still eligible, if the switch is completed before 17 November.

I am like you in a way, only application was on monday 30th around 1pm, switch yesterday 1st, and then was told the offer was pulled mon 30th at 9 30am, and showing up on tues 31st was a website error.
    Very very confusing.
    :T
  • WhyohWhy
    WhyohWhy Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Imvrasos wrote: »

My husband phoned on 31st Oct to chase his application. They did the switch over the phone arranged for 20th Nov. He asked if he would still get his £250 as the account opening was started the previous week and was told yes.
  • luckbox
    luckbox Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I applied for the B account on the 25th Oct. Had an email last night asking me to log in to see their decision. I did this and it was to say sucess and to open the account online.

Instead I called them and made sure that I would still get the switching bonus. I was told that I would because I started the application before the cut off, but that I had to complete the switch before the 17th Nov. I have now gone ahead and got it done over the phone, so even though the switch was initiated after the cut off, the application date counted for me.

If you call them, dont select the option about the switching bonus. It just says its no longer avaialbe and cuts you off. Just hold instead to get an advisor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure