What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 6th November?

Options

Comments

• Chrisblue1962
    Chrisblue1962 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 November 2017 at 12:37PM
    Options
    My bit..paid an extra £3.62 off one of my debts....not a great deal but a little victory is still a victory :)
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• Chrisblue1962
    Chrisblue1962 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 November 2017 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Deleted - duplicate post made in error - sorry lol
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Not spent anything today, and that is probably about the limit of my achievements - had a dreadful night's sleep and up at 6 again to get OH breakfast so he could take his painkillers :(

Morning dog walk done
    Sold a few ebay items (got one packed up already :))
    Need to find a couple of boxes suitable for 2 more ebay parcels (will check in the garage)
    Check to see if other buyer has paid - a bit suspicious of this one as the item sold on Buy it Now almost as soon as I listed it....
    Sort printer out as it is playing up
    Dinner to cook - salmon from freezer
    Second dog walk which I will do when I have finished my coffee
    Check for surveys later

Hope everyone is having a good day, not great weather here today :(
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2017 at 12:14PM
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    That is a brilliant idea, that should become a 'thing', a blanket that grows with you and you could incorporate things that she likes at different stages as she grows so it ends up telling the story of her childhood :)

That's a fab idea. I will have to think of a pattern. I did think maybe I could square it out once she gets to her "big girl bed". At the moment it's kinda star shaped.

I can't see anything similar and I love the idea. I wonder what I could put into such a blanket. Any ideas from the parents here? I'm thinking maybe do newborn, toddler (cot-bed size), child (single bed size), teen (mid-size), 18th bday (double size)?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2017 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Morning all

A busy "weekend" for me. The Killers were FABULOUS. But oh my days were they LOUD! I've seen Queen, Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper and this nearly blew my eardrums out :eek:

Also had a good truck at the Christmas shopping and kept general lunch/dinner spends at a reasonable amount. Treated my friend her lunch as she only had soup and she's not got much money. Her company folded while she was on mat leave, then she broke up with her partner so it's tricky for her being a single mum.

Friday, I had a lovely long gym session, and had the gym to myself. Then OH and I snuggled up and binge-watched Poirot all day and I crocheted. It was lovely and relaxing.

Yesterday I did my batch cook. I am going to Leeds with my mum next weekend so I won't be able to cook, so I had to do 2 week's worth! It was REALLY tiring! I made:
    2 x pizza dough
    12 x bolognase sauce
    4 x bacon and corn chowder
    4 x sausage and tomato pasta
    4 x cauliflower cheese bake
    4 x meatloaf
    8 x mash potatoes
    2 x tuna and egg pies (can recommend this as a cheap filling tea. much nicer than it sounds)
    1 x roast chicken, all portioned up
    2 x potato wedges

Today's mission:
    • Meals from plan
    • Nip to Asda at lunch time to buy bread flour - done
    • Make a loaf
    • OH is going to whizz the hoover round apparently
    • Reconcile budget sheet
    • Print off bus tickets for next week - done
    • Order yarn for blanket extension - done
    • No drinking
    • Little bit of work on the sunshine and showers CAL if time.
    Erm... that's it??

Have a good one folks

clf x
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That's a fab idea. I will have to think of a pattern. I did think maybe I could square it out once she gets to her "big girl bed". At the moment it's kinda star shaped.

I can't see anything similar and I love the idea. I wonder what I could put into such a blanket. Any ideas from the parents here? I'm thinking maybe do newborn, toddler (cot-bed size), child (single bed size), teen (mid-size), 18th bday (double size)?

First off I was thinking you could crochet, say, a pic of a train and a number one (or however old they are) but you could maybe incorporate 'stuff'. Could you sew in a patch of fabric from their first baby grow? A bit of fur from a stuffed toy when they outgrow it?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 November 2017 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!

Today is the start of my four days off and I went to sleep at 8pm, woke for a bit about 3 am and then went back to sleep again until 11am!

The house is a tip because I can barely walk after a day at work so haven't been doing anything in the evening. I brought a bin liner up with my morning cup of tea so the first job is to empty the waste baskets upstairs!

DS has cleared out a huge pile of plates and cutlery from his room so the dishwasher is going to be busy today.

I need to do a quick whizz round in the sitting room to collect up all the balls of cat hair but that room at least is quite low maintainence.

There is a package of new products waiting for me at the local UPS shop (I have just broken the £100 barrier on profits from Amazon so that means sales of roughly double that!)

I've resisted a behind the scenes half price sale of ex display electrical goods at work, there is a Kenw00d food mixer (though not the beautiful stripey one) and a Nutribu11et but I've lived without them thus far and apparently the prices may drop even further.

I need to buy fish food as were down to just pellets which I think are too big for the babies, they need a clean too.

I will do a shop at Mr T, the fridge is pretty bare and I've not been going down for the reductions when my feet ache, I can't bring myself to go out again once I'm sitting down!

Have a good day all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey everyone

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

I'm still here in the background cheering you all on, doing my "small things" and just trying to stay afloat. I think my body is giving up on me - had a shocking back, my bloods are still no better despite all extra meds (back again in Dec for more bloods and hoping that they start to improve but my mind keeps telling me its myeloma :( ) I could sleep for England given the chance but unfortunately don't have the luxury although DH has been great at getting up with DS), have had 3 days off from visiting mum but then have been still doing things for her - shopping, making appointments, and answering the 15+ phone calls a day. The rest of my time has been spent cooking various meals, washing, ironing and trying to keep two homes in order. DB has done his share - visited twice and bought her tea (fish n chips). Off shortly to cook Sunday lunch at mums . Today I will also try to

Check Banks and make PAD -
    Washing -
    Clean Bathroom -
    Cook at mums -

Am sure that there is more to do but will update later.

Take care and love to all

C

PS Dawn wishing your DH a speedy recovery (I've been on painkillers, heat pads, voltarol etc

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    First off I was thinking you could crochet, say, a pic of a train and a number one (or however old they are) but you could maybe incorporate 'stuff'. Could you sew in a patch of fabric from their first baby grow? A bit of fur from a stuffed toy when they outgrow it?

It's a good idea. There are lots of nice baby quilts. Sewing isn't my forte so I'd have to have a practice first!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    but my mind keeps telling me its myeloma :( )

Big hugs to you ziggy. Surely if it was something like that, they would have picked up on it? Or did I misunderstand? Could you just be really exhausted with stress and worry? It sounds like you have a lot going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts